Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jcow

Re: HBO Max Application Error Code 32

Jump to solution

Same. No HBO for at least a week. Error 32 after the spinning dots for a minute. 

I deleted HBO Max app, unplugged my Roku and router, plugged both back in and reinstalled the app. I can't even get to a sign in page at this point. 

0 Kudos
Maxamillion351
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Seems to be an issue with the build. Just turn on my TCL roku tv in my office that has been off for a while. HBO Max works just fine on it. 

Working version is 50.13. 

Non-working is version 50.50. 

So hopefully they will fix this in an update.

azerik
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I think they might be doing something that's causing wifi security to flip out. I Got mine working again when I moved it from 5gtz WPA3 SSID with protected management frames, to a 2.4 wpa2 SSID. No other changes. I see the dots for about 1/4 second logging in or doing anything.

0 Kudos
SpartanParrothd
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Definitely not the issue I'm having.  I'm on a wired connection.  But for kicks connected to wifi and the problem was still there.  I'm on version 50.50 build 55189

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@SpartanParrothd

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's specific error codes and functionality, you'll want to contact HBO Max support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach HBO Max support here.

Thanks,
Danny

Additional resources that you might find helpful:

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bryand
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have exact same problem - HBO Max app has worked fine on my Roku Ultra 4670X for many months.
About 10 days ago, I started getting the HBO Max Application Error Code 32.
I tried restarting Roku - no help.
I removed HBO Max app (had to cancel subscription first), restarted Roku, reinstalled app - no help
I finally got Roku support on chat and they had me connect my Roku to phone hotspot - and that worked!!!
So the problem must be that HBO recently made a new version of the app that does SOMETHING that my router does not let through that causes the failure.
Roku says to contact HBO for them to support as they create the app.
I will be contacting HBO next
I will also see if there are some specific ports that are currently not allowed through my router - I might just need to allow those ports.
I will post my results when I have more info

Worganhunter
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I went to the HBO site, and this is what you get (see below)... the difficulty is after you have done all of the below and you still have the problem... where do you go from here.  I am really getting tired of the total lack of customer support within this industry sector...be it AT&T, DTV, Capital One, HBOMax... there is a total lack of customer service and support.  If you have a message that says, "due to high call volume...yadda, yadda, yadda"  it just means your service sucks, and you don't hire enough people competent enough to fix it...

If the HBO Max app isn’t working as expected on your Roku, try these steps:

important
Update HBO Max
We recently updated the HBO Max app. To update HBO Max, press the Home button on your Roku remote, then go to Settings > System > System update > Check now.

Step 1: Check your internet connection

To check your connection, press the Home button on your Roku remote. Then go to Settings > Network > Check connection. To improve your wireless connection, see Tips for improving your wireless Roku connection.

For more help, see Video loads slow, pauses, or buffers.

Step 2: Update your software

Make sure your Roku has the latest software. Press the Home button on your Roku remote, then go to Settings > System > System update > Check now. This will install software updates for your Roku streaming device and your channels.

Step 3: Restart your Roku device

• Roku streaming player: Go to Settings > System > System restart.
  • Roku TV: Go to Settings > System > Power > System restart.

Step 4: Delete and reinstall HBO Max

If your HBO Max subscription was not purchased through Roku, try removing and adding the HBO channel using the steps below:

1. On your Roku, highlight the HBO Max channel and press the Star button (*).
  2. Choose Remove channel.
  3. Choose Remove to confirm.
  4. Restart your Roku streaming player or Roku TV.
  5. Search for HBO Max in the Channel Store.
  6. Select Add channel.
  7. Open HBO Max and sign in.

If you subscribed to HBO Max through Roku and your subscription is active, you can't remove the HBO channel.

0 Kudos
TheLoanArranger
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have contacted HBO Max, and they told me the same steps (which I had already tried) and don't work.  Perhaps, it is a firewall issue, with the HBO Max app on the Roku using a specific port or service that my firewall is blocking.  I could adjust the firewall settings, but could only do that if I knew what settings needed to be addressed.  There must be something different in the Roku HBO Max app from accessing it via web browser or phone app, as those don't have the same problem on the same network.

0 Kudos
Worganhunter
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

OK, just disproved the "firewall" being the problem - if both the Roku and my iPhone are on the same SSID network (cell service turned off) and I can access the HBO Max app on the iPhone but not the Roku...it's definitely NOT a firewall issue....so where do we go from here... if the HBO Max app update bricked our link, and we are still getting charged for the service, HBO should roll back the update until they get it fixed

0 Kudos
SpartanParrothd
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'll do you one better.  Not only does it work on my computers and iOS devices behind the same firewall my Roku TV's are behind.  The app on my Sony Android TV works just fine also.  Only my Roku TV devices are affected.