Hi, I click on HBO Max and it will not start. It says application error, lost connection to the server, error code:32. I can play HBO max on another device, so the issue is specific to Roku.
Thanks in advance for any help.
EDIT UPDATE: HBO Max is now working for me on Roku. The only thing I did was used my TV remote source button to change the source to the main TV channel/source and then changed it back to hdmi (where Roku is). Then HBO Max worked. This was probably a coincidence, but sharing in case it works for others too. Also, FYI a workaround I had been using was to screen mirror HBO Max from another smart device. It wasn't as convenient obviously as watching directly from Roku but at least I wasn't wasting my subscription.
Also, I had contacted HBO Max again so they're aware of the issue.
For more information about that channel's specific error codes and functionality, you'll want to contact HBO Max support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.
Channel operators must customize their channel apps for each platform (Roku, firestick, web browser, etc.) on which they want it to run. They often create problems on one platform not seen on others, until they are able to get the offending one fixed with a corrected update.
Roku Community Streaming Expert I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well. If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".
Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
I have been experiencing this same thing across four Roku devices for over a week when trying to run the HBO Max app. I can login via web browser and mobile phone, but Roku just shows the error code: 32 described here. What gives? It's been a while for this still not to work. I purchased my HBO Max subscription through YoutubeTV. Think that Roku could be dragging their heels on this as a result of their dispute with YoutubeTV/Google?
My Older Ultra doesn't work. It craps out either getting into the main HBO menu or after i try to play something. The only real fix I had was to force reconnect it's wireless or reboot and pray. I can reconnect the wifi with my Unifi network. It works 50% of the time. I finally did the sign out, remove, reboot, install, and sign in and have it fail. Now I realized I can just try to launch the app like 3 times and the 3rd time it stops working (not even signed in.) I thought it might be profile related as my mom isn't having this issue but she's 200+ miles away in another city and provider.
The HBO app just quite trying to make requests. I watch the traffic and it's a few bits here and a few there. No real traffic when it's doing this. So it looks like it's trying to auth. probably to the
hbomax-50-50.youidomain2.com to auth. Which completes on my end. There appears to be something with Roku's data collection and this app. If you block stuff (pi-hole) it seems to just not work.