Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
startrek17
Reel Rookie

Great Courses channel stopped working

Yesterday the Great Courses channel stopped working showing the error message "Failed to load content" on my device and on the Roku web site.  It was working fine throughout the trial period and for the first few days of my subscription.  This happens on the web site even when I am not logged in, so I don't think it is related to my account.  If I click on the channel when not logged in, I get the option to login, but the result is the same, failure to load content.  A search for the names of some of the courses I am taking shows no results.  Does anyone know if there is some sort of outage going on?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Great Courses channel stopped working

Hi @startrek17
Thanks for keeping in touch!

Many channels on Roku are maintained by the channel provider themselves. Since the error only occurs on the Great Courses channel, that's an indication that there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them. We indeed recommend contacting Great Courses Support to report the issue and get help.

Thank you for your understanding.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
startrek17
Reel Rookie

Re: Great Courses channel stopped working

It's working again, not sure why, but thanks for your help!

0 Kudos