Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kassieme
Reel Rookie

Re: Disney channel keeps shutting off

@RokuKariza-D wrote:

Hi everyone,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

If you are still experiencing the issue even after removing the channel, restarting your device, and then reinstalling the channel back in; please provide us with the following information for further investigation:

1. Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > AboutModel: 3800RW - Roku Streaming Stick
    Serial number: YF00E8902002 (CU388E902002)
    Software version: 11.0.0 • build 4193-55
    Timestamp:2022-07-05T23:58:28Z
  2. Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button) DISNEY+
  3. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)02-267-838
  4. Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing @Rokuwatching a movie on Disney+  Roku ten minutes in it crashes back to the Home Screen, I click back on Disney +  and pick back up where I left off the cycle continues

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

All the best,
Kariza

See my answers inline bold above. 

freeharwell
Binge Watcher

@RokuKariza-D wrote:

Hi everyone,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

If you are still experiencing the issue even after removing the channel, restarting your device, and then reinstalling the channel back in; please provide us with the following information for further investigation:

1. Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  3. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  4. Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

All the best,
Kariza

Thank you for your help, @RokuKariza-D ! Please see my information below:

1. Roku device model: 8116X - Roku TV; Serial number: YK006V247482; Device ID: JDA0D6247482; Software OS/version: 11.0.0
  2. Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel? Disney+ Version 1.23 Build 2022061000
  3. Tracker ID when this issue occurs: 82-267-977
  4. Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing: streaming on Disney+, app will exit in the middle of streaming and go back to the home screen (sometimes it'll exit after 10-15 minutes of streaming, sometimes after about an hour of streaming)
BeclyLD

Re: Roku keeps restarting in the middle of a show!

No they didn't,  my girls are watching and it has shut down 3 times in a half an hour. 

BeclyLD

Getting kicked from Disney plus back to home

Same

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Getting kicked from Disney plus back to home

Hi @kassieme @freeharwell,

Thanks for providing the information needed.

We are aware of an issue impacting playback on Disney plus and we apologize for the inconvenience. We'll share these details with the appropriate team for further review. We'll get back to you once we have an update available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime!

Best regards,
Mary

freeharwell
Binge Watcher

@RokuMary-F wrote:

Hi @kassieme @freeharwell,

Thanks for providing the information needed.

We are aware of an issue impacting playback on Disney plus and we apologize for the inconvenience. We'll share these details with the appropriate team for further review. We'll get back to you once we have an update available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime!

Best regards,
Mary

Hi @RokuMary-F my apologies, my post had some errors and duplicate answers. Please see below

1. Roku device model: 8116X - Roku TV; Serial number: YK006V247482; Device ID: JDA0D6247482; Software OS/version: 11.0.0
  2. Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel? Disney+ Version 1.23 Build 2022061000
  3. Tracker ID when this issue occurs: 82-267-977
  4. Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing: streaming on Disney+, app will exit in the middle of streaming and go back to the home screen (sometimes it'll exit after 10-15 minutes of streaming, sometimes after about an hour of streaming)
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Getting kicked from Disney plus back to home

Hi Community User,

We are currently aware and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely.

In the meantime, if you are experiencing a channel playback issue with Disney plus that returning to the home screen, please help us with the required details below for us to send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team, and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-what are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue or error message
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Please be aware that we are actively monitoring and investigating the discussions on this thread. Thanks again for your continued patience.

Best regards,
Mary

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @freeharwell,

Thanks for the update.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.
Please stay safe and healthy, we thank you for your patience.

Best regards,
Mary

JamesP2

I can watch for a bout 10 minutes and then back to the Roku home screen. Thanks

3810X - Roku Streaming Stick+

YH001C983300 (213991983300)

11.0.0 4193-50

2022-07-06T16:00:05Z

ID 00-268-800

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JamesP2,

Thanks for continuing to share what you're observing and providing information.

Our team has continued investigating the issue and is hoping to have a further resolution soon. We'll get back to you once we have an update available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary