Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kysmartman
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku keeps restarting in the middle of a show!

It's definitely something with Disney+ because that's the only app on my device that I've ever had problems with, and I watch Hulu, ESPN+, and HBO Max a lot with 0 issues even on the same night Disney+ is acting up. It seems to do it in brief waves. So, it'll be atrocious like it has been this weekend, and then, it'll go a week or 10 days with no issues. I've tried doing the update on Disney+, and it continually shows that it updated so I wonder if that's causing the problem. My father is watching Hamilton on Disney+ right now on his Vizio TV, and he hasn't had a single problem so it's definitely on your end.

Dabdragon

Disney channel keeps shutting off

Each time I watch the Disney channel it continues to shut off intermittently and I must restart each time. I paid for a year service and cannot watch without problems

Sweets091903
Channel Surfer

Well apparently Disney+ is blaming Roku. Roku is blaming Disney+. Regardless I haven’t had a single issue today. So once they knew of the problem obviously one of the companies fixed it. 

rileysc24

Disney plus crashing to Roku Home screen

I am still having an issue where I’m playing a movie on Disney and all of a sudden it will stop playing and take me back to the Home Screen. It literally just happened right now. Who do I call about this and how do I fix it? 

0 Kudos
kysmartman
Reel Rookie

Well, that's great news as I'll finally be able to finish Hamilton after it constantly crashing Sunday. It's so random that it is probably both their fault. I've had it since right before June 1st and this is the 2nd time I've had a bad stretch like this with the rest of the time it's fine.

0 Kudos
kassieme
Reel Rookie

Re: Getting kicked from Disney + back to home

This is happening to me too. And none of the troubleshooting steps are working. 

Michelle3
Roku Guru

@kassieme

You would need to check your router.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
ksgemini
Streaming Star

Why?….when Disney told me it is a roku update issue they are working on with Roku? The person I spoke to told me their own Roku there at Disney was doing the same thing,

Michelle3
Roku Guru

@ksgemini wrote:

Why?….when Disney told me it is a roku update issue they are working on with u?  The person I spoke to told me their own Roku there at Disney was doing the same thing,

What in the world are you even talking about dude?  There aren’t even any streaming players located at Disney. ~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
ksgemini
Streaming Star

According to them tech has roku and amazon sticks,etc to test updates on. I only know what 2 Disney Tech people told me. Do u work as a Disney tech person?  Did they lie? Please tell me if that is so. They had received many calls the Friday I spoke to them 7/1