Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
c3enturion

Getting Disney+ on Roku Express 4K+

Jump to solution

Hey guys,

so my country (Lithuania) finally got Disney+ available, but I can't find it on my Roku Express 4K+.

Tried to use web store on my PC, but it just goes to home page of the store if I try opening Disney+ application (I installed Netflix that way awhile back ago).

As I don't live in UK, US or Canada, the Search option is not available on my TV, so by looking manually I could not find Disney+ app.

Any help or suggestions. I am bummed out 😕

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Getting Disney+ on Roku Express 4K+

Jump to solution

@c3enturion 

Roku isn't sold or supported there through any official channels. How that impacts Disney+ is as follows.

Many app developers, including Disney, will not support or offer their app in a region where Roku itself is not supported. Some developers, such as Netflix, do support practically everywhere, but most do not. Disney chose to not support a Roku app in your region. Again, that was a decision Disney made, not Roku. Should Disney update the app to work in your region, it will work and be available in the Channel Store. Unless and until they do, it will be be available there.

Keep in mind this has nothing to do with Disney+ or any other service being available there. Each platform is different.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Check the software revision of your Roku device.

~ Jordan 

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
c3enturion

Jump to solution

Already updated before posting here 😐

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@c3enturion 

Roku isn't sold or supported there through any official channels. How that impacts Disney+ is as follows.

Many app developers, including Disney, will not support or offer their app in a region where Roku itself is not supported. Some developers, such as Netflix, do support practically everywhere, but most do not. Disney chose to not support a Roku app in your region. Again, that was a decision Disney made, not Roku. Should Disney update the app to work in your region, it will work and be available in the Channel Store. Unless and until they do, it will be be available there.

Keep in mind this has nothing to do with Disney+ or any other service being available there. Each platform is different.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

c3enturion

Jump to solution

Thank you for explanation! Hope it happens sometime soon 🙂

0 Kudos
Darwin3

Jump to solution

No Disney plus channel

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Darwin3 Are you in the United States or a region where Roku supports Disney +?

0 Kudos