Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CAMPFITZY
Reel Rookie

Re: Channel won’t pull up

Jump to solution

I did try the picture/Audio restart but no effect. If I do a factory restart will I loose all my other apps?

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@CAMPFITZY  Most likely it will.  Read @AvsGunnar’s suggestion; his suggestion is a better solution than mine.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@CAMPFITZY 

A Factory Reset will return your device to the in-box condition.  If you set your RokuTV back up under the same email address you did before (your email address is your Roku account), then all your channels/apps will again be downloaded to your RokuTV.  You will likely have to log-in/sign-in again to these channels/apps, but they will be available.

The channels/apps are "saved" to your Roku account, not your Roku device.  This is why you can add additional Roku devices "linked" to the same Roku account and these channels/apps will be available to those also during setup.

Generally, you do not have to do a factory reset to troubleshoot individual channel/app issues. (only in extreme circumstances or when nothing else works.) 

Initially, try a System Restart. (Settings/System/Power/System Restart).

If that doesn't work, Remove the channel, perform a System Restart, then Reinstall the channel.  Performing a System Restart between Removal and Reinstall is required to clear out corrupted cache and ensure clean install of channel.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

CAMPFITZY
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you. Great info.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am worried that if i restart my tv from system i could make it worse and not get the channels i already have.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @lorraineandbill

We're here to help!

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
bcbqwe2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Oct. 2, 2022

Fubo TV hangs before sign-in on Roku TV.

All other channels are working on the same RokuTV.

Software versions of Fubo TV and Roku TV are current (and latest available) per the Fubo TV support website.

Fubo TV is working successfully in the same location at the same time on:

Windows desktop, Android tablet, Roku Express (on another TV)

Steps taken on Roku TV (see Fubo TV support website):

1. Remove Fubo TV
  2. Restart Roku TV
  3. Install Fubo TV
  4. Start Fubo TV
  5. Fubo TV displays Free trial/ sign in screen
  6. Fubo TV hangs and then returns to Roku TV home
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @bcbqwe2

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

How did you restart your Roku TV after removing the affected channel? Was it through the Settings menu? If not, we suggest doing it from there. To do this, navigate to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart; and then proceed with reinstalling Fubo TV. 

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
bcbqwe2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Kariza,

I performed the restart several times exactly as you describe before submitting my input so I don't believe that it is a solution.

FYI, the last time that this problem occurred, a few days later, I was able to use FuboTV successfully after logging in without making any further changes.  This suggests a server issue since everything else continued to work fine on the devices I listed including the RokuTV.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@bcbqwe2

Thanks for the reply and we do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

If the issue persists from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

You can reach them here: Fubo TV Help Center

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos