Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Watt2007

Re: Frozen black 'ad info" screen during commercials

Jump to solution

Im having the same issue on my Roku streaming stick with YouTube TV. Freezes in CNN after ads. I have a Samsung smart tv that shares the same YouTube TV account and have never experienced this freezing issue. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience while this issue was being investigated.

YouTube has stated that they have resolved the issue on their side. At this time, we would recommend checking for a channel update and seeing if the issue is still occurring.

Please keep us posted if you continue to see this issue after March 8th.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

But why do you care if the commercials go black?

If it doesn’t affect your program, so what….

0 Kudos
MikeJK
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Read through the posts. It did affect programming. The screen would lock up and stay on the black screen and would not return to the program when it resumed.

0 Kudos
Bill14
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I saw from your note that You Tube issues has been resolved. I am having the same issue with Hulu-Live. I have 2 TV's with Roku streaming sticks but this only happens on one TV. The channels it goes black on are Science, Smithsonian, AHC, Fox News, and Fox Business. I have reset the Roku and cleared the cache as well. Any other solutions to fix this problem?

0 Kudos
jeffreyh51
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Interesting. As I understood it, it was an issue between Roku and YouTube TV, who were blaming each other for the problem that went on for a very long time.

One, or both, of them finally resolved it (at least on my end), and I have not seen that problem for a long while. You might want to make certain that Roku is aware of this.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Bill14

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How to resolve a channel playback issue 

Let us know how it goes!

Best regards,
Karla

0 Kudos