Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeff79

Re: Frozen black 'ad info" screen during commercials

Jump to solution

Model 3810x  roku streaming stick+

serial # yhoo65852879

software 10.5.0 build 4208-50

Device id 213996852879

same   problem as others CONSTANTLY frozen screen on ad info with music on MSNBC and Food Network 

0 Kudos
KiwiChris
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@JVinOlathe wrote:

I have a Chromecast and does not have the issue. I also tested a fire stick for the last couple of days and did not get a single issue. However, all the various Roku sticks I have show the same issue. Look at all the posts in this thread, all of them describe the issue and it points to the Roku stick. I have personally done the uninstall, reset, re-install and clear cache procedure with no luck.

This seems like a lame attempt to divert the issue from Roku to YouTube TV.

I can confirm that this problem does not happen on my Chromecast with Google TV. Yet, it happened all the time with the Roku device.

0 Kudos
KiwiChris
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@Joeyblow wrote:

I mean, I could take a picture next time it happens and show you the firestick plugged into the tv. I don't care one way or the other whether it happens on a roku or a firestick or whatever, I came here because I was having the same issue and was looking for a solution.

You have me a little worried now, I'm not gonna lie. If starts to happen on my Chromecast, I'm changing streaming services. 

0 Kudos
dpark254
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It's a YTTV issue. My LG TV which doesn't have Roku does the same thing. If you check Reddit, you'll come across other people without a Roku having the same issues as well. It is annoying af though. 😠 😡 😤 

0 Kudos
James1776
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Sadly, the one thing these issues have in common is the trigger, specific commercials. My fix was to buy a used (so as to not reward Roku for their failure to fix the issue) top of the line Roku device and I have been black screen free for over a week.

0 Kudos
JVinOlathe
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

One would think that Roku, Amazon and Google/YouTubeTV would get together and would solve the issue. There are literally millions of users of the systems, and we are all affected, and the responsible parties don't seem to give a **bleep** about it even when this issue has been around for a long time.

If these would be cars, there would have been a recall. Maybe it is time to get the FCC involved.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that the appropriate Roku team is currently investigating this issue. I do not have any information to provide at this time. However, once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
gototcm
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Really?  What progress have you made.  No reply is as good as telling me you have no plan and are just an impediment to finding a solution.

0 Kudos
streamerman
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Happened several times again this passed weekend on more than one channel. Seems like it is getting worse not better. Why doesn't this "Roku employee" that keeps posting on here have more information on the progress on getting this problem rectified? Is he not allowed to speak with the tech team to see where things stand? 

0 Kudos
Bruce7

Jump to solution

No, it hasn’t been fixed.  Mine is becoming progressively worse.

0 Kudos