Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cma4603
Reel Rookie

Fox News Live delayed

Jump to solution

I have a Roku TV and have the Fox News channel installed. The issue is Fox News Live stream is delayed by 1 hour (for example...when it’s 10am EST the live stream is showing the stream from exactly 1 hour prior). I confirmed that the TV is set to the right time zone and is displaying the correct time in the home screen. I have compared this to the Fox News app on FireTV and iOS devices and the live stream on both do not have this problem, seems to be only on the Roku platform.. Is there any fix for this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: Fox News Live delayed

Jump to solution

@cma4603  Thanks for the note here. For any content issues, you'll need to contact the channel provider directly. Each channel is developed and maintained by the channel or service provider themselves, including all content. You can reach Fox Sports support here: https://help.fox.com/s/article/FOX-Sports-GO-Technical-Issues

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@cma4603  Thanks for the note here. For any content issues, you'll need to contact the channel provider directly. Each channel is developed and maintained by the channel or service provider themselves, including all content. You can reach Fox Sports support here: https://help.fox.com/s/article/FOX-Sports-GO-Technical-Issues

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Chris86

Jump to solution

@RokuTannerD 

I have a lag problem on my model #43S405, but not on my model #32S305, when each TV is streaming the same show. Both TV’s have an “excellent” wireless connection. Thus, the problem appears to be on my end, rather than the channel provider’s end. Anything I can do to to reduce or eliminate the 20 second lag on the 43” tv?

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
Beckaroo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is a link for FOX Sports and it doesn’t help at all. Is FOX News app supposed to be exactly one hour delayed? That is ridiculous for a news app. Is this a Roku problem?

0 Kudos
cma4603
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I actually was able to find the problem and resolve it and hadn't seen the issue come back since. What I found was actually on my end. In my network environment I have pi-hole (network ad-blocking) setup, and what was happening was that when I launched the Fox News app I had noticed that it was playing content from exactly 1 hour prior. As a test what I did was disable pi-hole and launched the Fox News app and it worked perfectly. So in digging deeper into it I watched the logs live in pi-hole and when launching the app and then added to the whitelist. What I also noticed was that the ads on the Roku home screen on the right side were blocked (before I had made the changes) Once I had disabled pi-hole (and ultimately added the ads platforms to the whitelist) all in the world was happy. Off the top of my head I don't recall 100% which advertising platform it was, but maybe someone from Roku support can chime in here and advise which platform(s) they use.

I can tell you that this issue was definitely specific to the Roku platform as I currently also have FireTV with the Fox News app and had no issues at all before I had found the issue.

@RokuTannerD Not really sure why this issue was marked a solved when the issue was never really fixed, not an issue with the developer, and is certainly specific to the Roku platform even though it was environmental.

0 Kudos
Beckaroo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Oh my gosh, thank you sooooooo much. That was the issue! ROKU should pay you, or at least learn from you. And such a fast answer. My hero.

0 Kudos
PAZZO

Jump to solution

So, is this the way to solve the lock on my fox channel, and stop asking me to go to provider< if so how is it done?

Thank u

0 Kudos
JCL2
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi, sorry, what is pi-hole? Where is that? I'm having the same problem. 

0 Kudos
JCL2
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

You sent an email link to fox that does not work. HOw the heck do we talk to someone at Roku??

0 Kudos
JCL2
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Did you ever find a fix for the hour delay on Fox News app? I am having the same problem. 

0 Kudos