Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kapekodder
Reel Rookie

Fox News Channel issues and problems

We put a Roku Express 4K+ device on a TV in our Master bedroom. We have (4) other Roku Express units in other areas of our home. The newest device has the microphone on the remote. The past (2) Monday mornings, I attempted to put on Fox and Friends at 6:00 am. The strangest thing happened; what came on was Steve Hilton’s Sunday night show. I shut off and turned back on, still unable to get Fox and Friends. I had to delete the channel and add back in. Why is this happening? I also get message sometimes that Fox News Channel is not included with our Spectrum subscription. We don’t have Spectrum, but have Xfinity/Comcast. This happens on the other Roku Express devices as well. Why does this happen? Anyone have these same experiences and, if so, any suggestions. Very frustrating…

12 REPLIES 12
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Fox News Channel issues and problems

@kapekodder 

The Fox News app has had issues since Fox News developed the app. All the apps for the various platforms are different, as the code for Roku, Amazon, Google/Android, and Apple are different. They did a poor job of developing the app.

Not what you want to hear, I'm sure, but it's why you're having trouble. Those are all things that the app, not the device, handle. The fact that you're authenticating against Xfinity and the app is reporting it as Spectrum tells you just how poor it is.

I assume you are getting TV for a good price with your Internet provider. I'm paying Comcast/Xfinity $46/month for my 50 mbps Internet service with no cable. If I want to watch Fox News or any other service, I can subscribe to Sling TV Blue ($35/month) or another service ($55 and up) for that. For me, that's cheaper than Internet and cable from Xfinity.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos

I have a new Roku device in living room,  Google fiber within 8 feet of the roku and use slingtv for Fox. I do not have cable.

I've called slingtv regarding an issue of constant cut outs and buffering every few minutes ONLY on Fox. I do NOT believe it's the Fox app. The app has worked famously for years.  But in the past 2 years,  it's been periodically shutting off. Last month is shutting off momentarily every few minutes with the slingtv logo appearing while buffering. 

Is obvious either slingtv or roku are inhibiting connectivity to Fox. Fix it,  and I'll think otherwise. But considering the insanity of corporations subverting free speech the last few years,  I can only surmise this is what is happening. 

If I'm wrong,  FIX IT 

kapekodder
Reel Rookie

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@CATSTEVENS1 

Your conclusion is incorrect. It's the app. Your refusal to believe it does not impact the truth of it.

Roku isn't stopping or interfering with the authentication. It's the poorly coded app. Fox News needs to fix the app.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
makaiguy

@DBDukes wrote:

@CATSTEVENS1 

It's the poorly coded app.

.. and/or inadequate servers at Fox's end that can't handle handle the demand.

The fact that you're getting the Sling logo while buffering shows that the Sling-to-Roku connection is working as it should.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
bart79
Binge Watcher

Fox news streaming with Roku

I can't get Fox news streaming with my Roku device. The **bleep** with it I just got sling TV for 35 bucks a month which has Fox news.

0 Kudos
bart79
Binge Watcher

Xfinity won't let you have Fox News with a roku screaming device because it's a conservative channel and Xfinity is a liberal company they gave 100 million dollars to "black lives matter" they also tried to buy Fox News because they wanted to buy it and destroy it and make it a liberal channel like CNN and MSNBC but they didn't get their grubby little hands on it the Murdoch family got it and bought it.

bart79
Binge Watcher

It's true because Fox News is a  Conservative station. Comcast won't let you have it they gave 100 million dollars to the black lives matter organization.

Cambridge1

If you don’t suspect that it is roku not involved in the issue you need to prove it.  I get every other news channel with no problem.  If I use Hulu I have no issues, I have proceeded with multiple services and the only time I have any issues including download streaming is when roku is in use. 

0 Kudos