Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fox Buisness no cable but requires tv provider?

Jump to solution

Is Fox business really free? We cut out cable. In the advertisement it says "Watch Fox Business Network 24x7 without a cable box*" But then it says "US Only, TV Provider login required" 

How can we watch it free without cable but still need tv provider?

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/cdb5ce9559c2c7ad35dab49776fcc29b/fox-business-network 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Fox Buisness no cable but requires tv provider?

Jump to solution

@sassykitty0 

Well, Fox Business is definitely not free.

With streaming, you can have a cable subscription (or satellite) and basically watch your cable subscription via the Roku device (no need to pay a cable box rental fee.)

However, if you have cut cable (no cable subscription) and you still want to watch programs, channels, and shows that you were accustomed to with your cable subscription, then you will likely want to explore the "cable-alternative" channels/services.  These cable-alternative channels (ie. Hulu, YoutubeTV, Sling, etc) give you the cable experience (and access to cable channels).

The following list here at this link to Streamable will show you which cable-alternative channels offer Fox Business as part of a package plan. https://thestreamable.com/channels/fox-business-network.  The thing that seperates streaming and cable is that almost everything is month to month.  Although some services offer a yearly plan, might be a good idea to do monthly until you explore the different services and find out what best fits your watching needs.

The hardest part about switching to streaming is finding everything you used to watch on cable,  For me, I realized I didn't really need any of these paid services and just found alternative content that was similar to what I used to watch on cable via the Roku device.  For those new to streaming, might be easier to start with the cable-alternative packages and then tailor from there.

Edit... After seeing your last post post, you can look at FoxGo.  From their site, shows you the TV providers and the cable alternatives you can use (Hulu, YoutubeTV, etc).  https://www.foxnews.com/gowatch

There are other ways to watch Fox News and Fox Business with only an internet connection, but those methods are not really "legitimate" and your friends would have to advise you to those methods.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
renojim

Jump to solution

Well, it's free if you have it in your paid cable/TV package.  It's just one of many channels/apps with that requirement.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

Jump to solution

But it says free without a cable box. That's where I'm confused.

It does require a cable box? Then why does it say it doesn't need cable?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I know a few other people who have only internet but have access to Fox Business and Fox News, I'm just really confused. Thank you for your patience! 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@sassykitty0 

Well, Fox Business is definitely not free.

With streaming, you can have a cable subscription (or satellite) and basically watch your cable subscription via the Roku device (no need to pay a cable box rental fee.)

However, if you have cut cable (no cable subscription) and you still want to watch programs, channels, and shows that you were accustomed to with your cable subscription, then you will likely want to explore the "cable-alternative" channels/services.  These cable-alternative channels (ie. Hulu, YoutubeTV, Sling, etc) give you the cable experience (and access to cable channels).

The following list here at this link to Streamable will show you which cable-alternative channels offer Fox Business as part of a package plan. https://thestreamable.com/channels/fox-business-network.  The thing that seperates streaming and cable is that almost everything is month to month.  Although some services offer a yearly plan, might be a good idea to do monthly until you explore the different services and find out what best fits your watching needs.

The hardest part about switching to streaming is finding everything you used to watch on cable,  For me, I realized I didn't really need any of these paid services and just found alternative content that was similar to what I used to watch on cable via the Roku device.  For those new to streaming, might be easier to start with the cable-alternative packages and then tailor from there.

Edit... After seeing your last post post, you can look at FoxGo.  From their site, shows you the TV providers and the cable alternatives you can use (Hulu, YoutubeTV, etc).  https://www.foxnews.com/gowatch

There are other ways to watch Fox News and Fox Business with only an internet connection, but those methods are not really "legitimate" and your friends would have to advise you to those methods.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Jump to solution

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@sassykitty0 wrote:

But it says free without a cable box. That's where I'm confused.

It does require a cable box? Then why does it say it doesn't need cable?

It says without a cable box.  It doesn't say without a cable account.  You can stream the channel at no additional cost as long as you are paying for it through a paid "tv provider" account like cable or satellite.

You don't need a dedicated cable box connected to your tv.  But you do need to authenticate that you have a paid "tv provider" account that includes that channel.

If you have no cable or satellite account, you can subscribe any of several paid streaming services that includes Fox Business or other cable-type channel of interest, but you won't be able to stream without paying somebody for it.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.