Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JDM2
Reel Rookie

Re: Forward/Reverse not working with TennisTV

Hi,

Yeah they pushed out a new version 4.0.26 a few weeks ago and Tennis TV is no longer logged out when a Live match is in progress. Also, when there is a Live match in progress the fast forward and fast reverse now work from my Roku remote. The fast forward and fast reverse do not work when accessing the Tennis TV app commands (10s, 1m, 5m, 10m) however.

When watching a match REPLAY the fast forward and fast reverse do not work either via the Roku remote nor the Tennis TV app commands (10s, 1m, 5m, 10m). I reached out to Tennis TV support and they indicated they were working on it. I really most care about being able to forward/reverse on replays. Are you saying ARE able to forward/reverse on replays?

Thanks

0 Kudos
ppinocci
Binge Watcher

Yes, the forward/reverse functions using the Roku remote is working now on replays.  The problem with the live matches was fixed several weeks ago, as you said.  But the forward/reverse problem was just fixed recently.  So hit the * button on your Roku remote while the tennis TV app is selected and select the option to Check for Updates.  You'll see it install an update, but the version won't change, it will still say build 26.  But you should see the forward/reverse functions working on the replays after that.

0 Kudos
Cjo128
Channel Surfer

I'm having the same issue with the forward/reverse on Latest Replays. I checked and pressed for updates on the channel app, but it changed nothing. I'm still not able to fast forward or reverse during reply.

0 Kudos
ppinocci
Binge Watcher

I cancelled my subscription because of the issues so I can't watch full match replays, but all of the free videos like highlights, hot shots, etc... I am able to view and use the forward/reverse functions.  So I assumed they would work on the full match replay videos too.  Are you able to forward/reverse on the highlight videos?

0 Kudos
Cjo128
Channel Surfer

Hi,

I'm able to use fast forward and reverse on the live match but haven't tried it on the other features. I'm most interested in the use of fast forward/reverse for the replay matches to sometimes get to the deciding set. When I first suscribed to tennistv,I had trouble logging on thru my roku. They eventually corrected that issue, so I'm hopeful they'll fix this problem too.

0 Kudos
Longblade

Not working March 12. Sure wish I could watch Indian Wells with a functional ffwd / rewind feature. Feel like I went to Fyre Festival and subscribed to Moviepass at the same time when dealing with this app 👎

They also pulled the old semi functional app from Sony PS4, bummer 👎👎

0 Kudos
ppinocci
Binge Watcher

I re-subscribed for just a month to see for myself, and verify it's not working on full match replays.  Interestingly, the Android TV version of the new app came out much later than the Roku version and the Forward/Reverse works fine on it during match replays.  At least they have acknowledged the issue and say a fix is being worked on.

https://tennistvhelp.streamamg.com/support/solutions/articles/80000972034-tennis-tv-known-issues

0 Kudos
924smurphie
Reel Rookie

I am having this issue as well. I am not experiencing the loading/crashing issue though. I am new to tennistv & only downloaded it to watch Monte Carlo this weekend while tennis channel shows BJK cup events which I will also watch. I planned on cancelling tennis tv at the end of the month as they do not offer WTA. I will for sure be cancelling after this issue. I now have to rewatch the first set of a match I’ve already seen. 🤦‍♀️

0 Kudos
ceebee000
Binge Watcher

I also bought a month again to watch Monte Carlo after cancelling my annual subscription.  I am in Canada and TSN does not offer re-runs;  getting up in the middle of the night for the European tournaments is not attractive though for Roland Garros I will do that as Tennis TV does not carry slams.  It is frustrating - you cannot rewind or pause a replay and come back to where you left it on the ROKU app.  The solution is to watch it online on my laptop and use the HDMI connection to the TV.  Gets complicated to watch a tennis game. I will juggle the two services all year - we don't get Tennis Channel in Canada.  ATP needs to get a decent streaming program that will accommodate basic functions like pause, FFWD and rewind.  Should not be a big ask and they have lots of money!

0 Kudos
Cjo128
Channel Surfer

I can't blame you for canceling. I unfortunately did the year subscription for the savings. Other than the forward/reverse issue, I'm happy with the channel. Their customer support recommended a few options to watch on tv, which have not worked for me. The option of connecting my laptop to the tv is a lot of trouble to use the channel. They did say they were working on it, and I was planning to follow up on their progress. 

0 Kudos