Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JDM2
Reel Rookie

Forward/Reverse not working with TennisTV

I have Roku Premier+ and now ever since TennisTV moved to their new platform and technical provider this past week, the fast forward or reverse do not work. Anyone else having this issue or a solution?

31 REPLIES 31
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Forward/Reverse not working with TennisTV

Hi @JDM2

Thanks for the post.

Does the issue only occur on Tennis TV or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings System System restart > Restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
ppinocci
Binge Watcher

I am having the same issue.  In addition, the app crashes before loading if there are any live matches going on.  I've reported both issues to Tennis TV Support.  They said they know about those issues and are working on them.

0 Kudos
JDM2
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the update. I initially contacted TennisTV as well but haven't heard back other than their automated email reply that I further responded to indicating it didn't solve the issue

I'm also now having an intermittent issue where sometimes TennisTV won't open - starts loading and clicks back to the main Roku menu that someone else reported.

0 Kudos
ppinocci
Binge Watcher

The intermittent problem of Tennis TV crashing as it loads seems to occur when there are ATP matches in progress.  Since the only tournaments going on are in Australia, that means during the U.S daytime hours there are no matches live and the app loads.  Then in the U.S. evening and early hours there are live matches, and that's when Tennis TV won't load.  At least that's the pattern I see and what support confirmed.  Weird bug but there must be something in the UI when there are live matches that the app has a problem with.  Support said to look out for an update soon.  Version 4.0 Build 25 seems to be the latest version.

Manamarak

Both these issues, forward and rewind, as well as intermittently not loading is occurring for me on Roku only. And no, no other apps are affected. 

0 Kudos
Mike1031

I tried the advice that you offered.  Those steps did not work to correct the rewind and fast forward functions, using the Roku remote to control Tennis TV.

Are there any other options for correcting this issue?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the post.

If the issue you are experiencing is only happening on the TennisTV channel, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ceebee000
Binge Watcher

Yes same problem with me and only on TTV.  Was watching my first game since subscribing and went to rewind a couple of minutes to review something that was said and it would not replay.  Went back to the beginning.  

I do not understand why, with all the resources ATP has, they cannot create a decent APP.  I had the channel a few years back and it was so I never resubscribed.  I am now retired, have cut the cable and decided to try it again.  $150 is a significant out lay for someone who is retired - hopefully I will not regret it, but already have a bad taste after reading all the reports here.  

Next stop TTV support......

0 Kudos
ppinocci
Binge Watcher

Forward/Reverse is working now.  I checked for updates just now and it installed an update, although the app version didn't change.  And now the Forward/Reverse functions are working.

0 Kudos