Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RichCo
Reel Rookie

Fix for SYFY reauthentication error

It's painful, but System-Advanced system settings-Factory reset got my SYFY to stop with the reauthentication error.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RichCo
Reel Rookie

Re: Fix for SYFY reauthentication error

Or try this first: open Syfy. Click on More at the top. The click My Profile and you'll see a dialog where you can unlink your TV provider.

0 Kudos
hardshell59
Reel Rookie

i did the factory reset and unlinked didn't work.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey @hardshell59

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Does the issue only occur on SyFy or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel and then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
demt1992
Reel Rookie

I did exactly as the instructions recommended without success.  It is only on Frasier on paramount plus.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@demt1992

Thanks for the follow up.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Paramount+ directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Paramount+ channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos