Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KarenCSS
Streaming Star

Re: Filmon channel no longer working

Jump to solution

Yes, it seem to be the update with Roku that is making Filmon not useable anymore.  Glad you found a workaround for now.  Also happy to hear Filmon is working on things.  They didn't give me any indication that was the case.

0 Kudos
Claypot
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just received this message from Filmon. They seem to be giving me mixed messages!

Dear GC

However, I'm afraid enabling FilmOn on Plex is not on our roadmap as it is a different service.

Kind regards,
FilmOn.com Support Team

Ticket Details

Ticket ID: GES-762-90639
Department: FilmOn.com HDi IPTV
Type: Issue
Priority: High

0 Kudos
GND
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Their mail to me re Roku said ‘our team has been working on this but it takes time’

The usual apologies for the inconvenience and a list of workaround option for streaming from other devices to the TV. Didn’t mention Apple Air Play though, which seems to be the easiest!

0 Kudos
mareinto

Jump to solution

Does this mean that Roku will be bringing Filmon Tv back at some point?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@mareinto, it's not up to Roku.  It's up to Filmon to update their channel/app like they should have done literally years ago.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
mountainman99
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Obviously no one is working on solving the issue I now have 7 dormant roku boxes bought just for the ease of use to watch filmon. If there was even a chance of an upgrade in the future weeks it would possibly be worth waiting for?

chris

0 Kudos
KarenCSS
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Sad to hear really.

0 Kudos
KarenCSS
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I've deleted the station and added it in a number of times, hoping one of those times it will work but no luck yet.  It hasn't worked since the newest ROKU update, that's the issue, so FILMON isn't compatible with the new update.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@mountainman99 wrote:

Obviously no one is working on solving the issue I now have 7 dormant roku boxes bought just for the ease of use to watch filmon. If there was even a chance of an upgrade in the future weeks it would possibly be worth waiting for?

There's nothing Roku themselves can do. Channel providers were told a long time ago that a particular programming method used for older channels was going to be shut down, and they needed to update their channels using a new programming language. FilmOn has not done so, so their channel will no longer work. Roku has no way of "fixing" the problem for FilmOn. 

For people that have asked to roll your Roku OS version back, Roku will not do that, for numerous technical reasons. They do not want their devices to be using older OS versions, as they often cause problems with newer channels. So, they get complaints for those channels, or they get complaints about channels that have not been updated for the latest OS version. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
GND
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

FilmOn did tell me they are ‘working on it’ but I’m not sure if they will actually do anything. Not sure how many complaints they receive from Roku users, but unless we keep sending requests and complaints to their support desk it may not be a ‘business critical’ issue for them and not financially viable to make the necessary SW change. We have to wait and see…

0 Kudos