Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KarenCSS
Streaming Star

Re: Filmon channel no longer working

Jump to solution

It is available with code NMEVA, just like it always was.  It stopped working after the current ROKU update, which I've seen mentioned by quite a few people that are also having problems since the update.  Is there any way to roll it back to the previous update?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@KarenCSS, that did not work for me.  I get the "Channel not available" message under Roku software version 11.5.  Do you not have 11.5?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
KarenCSS
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Well yes, that's the problem, it puts the channel on my ROKU but when trying to select the channel it comes up with "it's not available anymore" when it always was available before the 11.5 update.  That's the whole issue here.

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@KarenCSS, oh, I misunderstood.  I thought you were saying that using that code gives you a working channel under 11.5.

0 Kudos
KarenCSS
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

No, sorry.  It's been reported to FilmOn and ROKU, but it's definitely ROKU's problem, since it started not being available after the upgrade, it's frustrating because they aren't doing anything about it.

renojim

Jump to solution

Filmon had years to update their channel/app so that it would work under 11.5.  Why they didn't is beyond me.  Roku isn't going to update it for them (even if they could).

0 Kudos
Johnlcd
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My chat with Roku.

Hello, Can you please tell me if you will ever reinstate private channels for the Roku Ultra 4K as, since upgrading to 11.5 I cannot use Filmon TV which was my only means of watching UK television in Portugal. Thank you.
Chat started
Shree joined the chat
Shree
Hi John

Hi Shree
Shree
I understand that you are facing an issue with the Filmon Tv after the software update, is that correct?

Yes
Shree
Please let us know what exactly happening when you open the channel

It told me that this channel is no longer supported and advised me to delete it from my Roku list of channels
It only happens on my Roku Ultra. My other Roku devices (Firesticks) are not affected
Shree
I hear your concerns. This channel is being removed from the Roku Channel Store, but I can share your feedback with our team regarding this matter.

Thank you. I'm sure it will make all the difference! It will just mean replacing my Roku items with other devices.
Shree
I can share your feedback with our team regarding this matter. Thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you through chat support! If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. You can also visit https://support.roku.com and https://blog.roku.com/ for more information about our products and channel offering. Take care and happy streaming!

Type a message here...Bollocks!
0 Kudos
KarenCSS
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Thanks for sharing your chat session.  Bollocks indeed!

0 Kudos
jingers
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

Latest update has killed the availabilty of the above channel..

Roku details

"Filmon.TV is no longer available" 

4620X Roku Premier 

S/N YT0057327769 

Software 11.5.0 build 4235-29 

Device 7J9685327769 

Filmon version 3.7 build 0 

a few weeks back this softeware update removed access to another of my devices below..

4630X Roku Premier+ 

S/N YR008L334177 

Software 11.5.0 build 4225-29 

Device 7KA698334177 

Filmon version 3.7 build 0 

Do you or the IT dept. responsible have a TCD for resolution of this deficiency?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos