Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KarenCSS
Streaming Star

Filmon channel no longer working

Jump to solution

I've been using Filmon channel for years and today it says "filmon no longer available".  I've contacted Filmon and they've given me the code to add as a private channel and while it adds the channel, when selecting it I'm still getting the same message.  Any idea how to fix this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Filmon channel no longer working

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
51 REPLIES 51
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @KarenCSS,

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

For the issue you're experiencing with the Filmon channel, we recommend contacting their support team directly for follow-up information and more help on how their channel works on Roku. They'll be the best ones to help you out with that matter.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Regards, 
Karla

0 Kudos
KarenCSS
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I have contacted Filmon and they say it should be working.  They've given me a link to add the channel as well as the access code but when I add the channel and try to access it I get the message "Filmon.TV not available".  I've been using this channel for years with no issues but today it doesn't work, nor can I add it in again to use successfully.  Seems to me it's a ROKU issue and not Filmon.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@KarenCSS, did your Roku recently update to software version 11.5?  You can check the software version under Settings->System->About.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
KarenCSS
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Yes, that is the software version.  Do you think that has something to do with the issue with FilmOn?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@KarenCSS

Thanks for the follow up.

We would be more than happy to investigate the issue further.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to look into further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KarenCSS
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Ok, here goes -

Device model - 4210X - Roku 2

Serial number - 5F4613061877

Don't see ID

Software OS - 11.5.0 - build 4196-04

The problem occurs only on FilmOn.TV.  I've had this channel for years and all of a sudden when I select it it says "Filmon.TV not available".  I've been working with FilmOn to sort this out but their advice was to install the channel with the access code, which I've done, but same problem, select it and it's not available.

FilmOn - Version 3.7 build 0

Issue report tracker

ID - 77-392-706

Someone in this community suggested it could be the Roku update that caused it but I guess you would be able to tell if that's the case.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I'll let @RokuDanny-R give the definitive answer, but here's my theory:

Filmon isn't in the channel store anymore.  I assume it used to be.  There's a lot of channels disappearing from the channel store right now because they haven't been updated in a very long time and won't work with software version 11.5.  Developers were warned about this years ago.  The "unavailable" message you're getting is a bit of a misnomer.  What it should really say is something like "incompatible".  If you have a device that hasn't been updated to 11.5 yet that private code they gave you will probably work, but if they didn't update the channel/app to remove old, obsolete components then it's just not going to work in 11.5.

Again, just my theory.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
KarenCSS
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Well that's just great, it's a channel I pay for to store recordings from the UK channels so I can watch those shows.  I wish my Roku hadn't been updated.  Any way to go back to a previous version on the Roku?

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @KarenCSS,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

I have already escalated this issue to the appropriate team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

We appreciate your patience while we investigated this issue.

Best regards,
Mary