Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Avision
Channel Surfer

Re: Favorites on Spectrum app

Jump to solution

No! Spectrum Guide/Favorites is not as sophisticated as YouTube, etc. It is very manual, does not hold information, limited editing capability, etc. Hopefully Spectrum will bring it into the 21st Century.

0 Kudos
SweetDiane89
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

But how can we save channels as Favorites?  That has been my issue. The directions they (Roku) give do not work.

0 Kudos
vinouomosette
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@SweetDiane89 

While watching tv through your Roku, press the left arrow button on the top left of your Roku remote. Scroll to Guide and click OK. It should show All Channels. Go in the left column and scroll through the channels. From the you can press OK to favorite each channel you want. 

0 Kudos
SweetDiane89
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Nope.  Those directions are for watching in Roku Live. 

BUT...  I finally discovered how to Favorite a channel within Spectrum.  Everybody listening?  Open Spectrum, use the top left button (left arrow) , this should open Live TV - Guide - On Demand.  From there go into Guide, use left arrow in the center of the remote, this shows a new bar that lists the channel name/number, and if you press OK there, it will add a heart and favorite the channel!

SweetDiane89
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

FOUND IT! 

I finally discovered how to Favorite a channel within Spectrum.  Everybody listening?  Open Spectrum, use the top left button (left arrow) , this should open Live TV - Guide - On Demand.  From there go into Guide, use left arrow in the center of the remote, this shows a new bar that lists the channel name/number, and if you press OK there, it will add a heart and favorite the channel!

SweetDiane89
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

When I reread your post after figuring it out myself, this is what you do.  I was not finding the Live TV - Guide - On Demand page first.  Then arrowing through the channels in Guide (not Live TV).  From there, the left arrow will open the bar that allows for heart/favorite.    You Are Correct.  Thanks

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
ajr5

Jump to solution

One of the previous posters was asking why the spectrum app always comes up on "all channels". I to find this frustrating. Even when you select a favorite channel as the start up channel it still comes up to "all channels". When I use the spectrum app on my phone or Ipad the spectrum app comes on in the favorites category (where I last left it). This is not a deal breaker but if you spend the time putting all your favorite channels in a list then it makes sense to me that this is where you want to be when the app opens up. If anybody knows anything different please enlighten me.  Thanks 

0 Kudos
Gebrooks57

Jump to solution

You have to set your favorites using the mobile app on a tablet or phone. They will automatically be saved and be reflected in your TV app settings!

0 Kudos
Bmoreilly

Jump to solution

Thank you!!!!

0 Kudos