Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shaoo11

Fast Forward/Rewind Question

Sometimes, if I press and hold the FF or rewind button, it will perform the appropriate action until I let up. Other times if I press and hold, it moves 10 seconds and stops then I have to do it again.

There are many times that WANT to move through a large portion of the video. I've mainly experienced this in YouTube videos -- I haven't needed(wanted to use these features in other videos.

Anyone have any ideas why it does it sometimes but not others?

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Fast Forward/Rewind Question

It depends on the channel/app and what the developer decided to do.  The Roku standard way is to press the button once and it starts FF/Rewinding slowly, press it a second time and it speeds up, press it a third time to reach the maximum speed.  And to be clear, Rewind/FF looks like << or >>.  It sounds to me like you may be referring to the left/right arrow buttons that can also be used to move through a video, but the developer can still decide what they do.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.