Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
db984
Reel Rookie

F1TV app doesn't accept a Canadian .ca email address

The F1TV app doesn't accept a Canadian .ca email address.

I've had to switch my F1TV account to a .com email address to be able to login as a workaround, the app just says the email is invalid if you put a .ca address in.

Easy fix for the app developers, but I'm not sure how to get in touch with them.

I tried contacting F1TV support, but they had no clue and asked me to report it to Roku.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: F1TV app doesn't accept a Canadian .ca email address

The channel/app was developed by Formula One Digital Media Limited.  Roku would have no control over how it works.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
db984
Reel Rookie

Yes, I know that it was developed by Formula One Digital Media Limited, and I know Roku itself has no ability to fix the app. The question is: where/how do I leave feedback on the app and/or report the bug the app developer? The channel listings appear to let me leave a star rating, but no feedback, and I don't see anywhere else where we can report issues back to the developer.

Meanwhile, the support team at f1tv.com were clueless, and only seemed equipped to support issues with my F1TV account or subscription, which is not the problem.

They did not seem to be aware of the roku app or have any means to pass any feedback on it to where it needs to go.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I've always thought that Roku should have a support contact listed on every channel's Channel Store page.  Oddly enough, F1TV does ( https://support.f1.tv/s/?language=en_US ), but I'm guessing you've already tried it.  I'm not sure what else to tell you.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

By the way, that support page does list Roku as supported so they can't really feign ignorance about it.  (Though support people are often generic phone bank people who have often never seen any specific product or service.)  It also supplies 3 ways to contact them.  Email would be my choice, since there is a chance it will be forwarded to someone who might eventually do something.

0 Kudos