Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ozz1220656

Re: F1 TV - Sign in issues and app not updating

Jump to solution

By what stretch of the imagination do you think that hasn't been tried?  It's an older version of the app, fix your garbage or refund money.

Tarmac77

Jump to solution

Danny

You have provided zero help in this matter.  I have worked with F1 TV for days and we have now exhausted all trouble shooting on their end and I have been re-directed to Roku...which has no information nor a person to contact.  The F1 TV app was having no issues for past few years and early this month it just stopped working.  The app will not open.  I have deleted, cxl'd, ran updates etc etc etc.  When you add the channel to roku it says version 2.8 but when it gets added it is version 2.0 and will not update to latest version and therefore the app will not open and just pushes you out and wont even load.  The F1 channel/TV works on all my other devices besides my Roku TV so it is clearly is issue with the Roku.  Please provide some helpful feedback or at least acknowledge this on-going issue and please tell me there is a fix being worked on.

Thanks

Tim

MV651
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

RokuTv-F1Tv problem solved ;

ACCOUNTS FOR ROKU AND F1

HAVE TO BE SIGNED IN UNDER DIFEREN'T EMAILS. 

Go to Roku TV settings/system/advanced system settings/factory reset... After reset create new RokuTv account under different email then what your F1 Tv is and complete setup . 

You welcome

Mario 

0 Kudos
MV651
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

RokuTv-F1Tv problem solved ;

ACCOUNTS FOR ROKU AND F1

HAVE TO BE SIGNED IN UNDER DIFEREN'T EMAILS. 

Go to Roku TV settings/system/advanced system settings/factory reset... After reset create new RokuTv account under different email then what your F1 Tv is and complete setup . 

You welcome

Mario V

0 Kudos
Gonegonegone
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Uh, get another email address,  update  subscriptions, credit cards, re-install and reauthorize all the apps, all so I can fix a bug in this stupid Roku ecosystem.

Thanks, but no I’m not doing all that.

coyotemx

Jump to solution

When do you have at estimated resolve the update beacuse the season is starting now.

I apprecaite your support fast.

0 Kudos
Mitch717

Jump to solution

This works. So stupid but it works. I factory reset my Roku and used another email to register it, f1 app loaded and opened right up, entered my credentials, and am watching the pre race show now. Bahrain anthem coming up. 

Mommyatwork
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I agree. Why we should do all that, it’s a hassle. I have 4 Roku TVs and I would need to  factory reset, download all apps again, sign ir, etc just for a glitchy app, f1. And then? What about all my purchases, those would be under my original email account, NO. This is a temporary (user promoted, but not technical team developed) solution but we shouldn’t have to do all this.

@Gonegonegone wrote:

Uh, get another email address,  update  subscriptions, credit cards, re-install and reauthorize all the apps, all so I can fix a bug in this stupid Roku ecosystem.

Thanks, but no I’m not doing all that.

0 Kudos
ArtTxMery

Jump to solution

Already did that. What’s next smart guy? Can you just please send me my money back. 

0 Kudos
BrianJohn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

UPDATE:  I got tired of waiting around and just canceled my F1 subscription through Roku.  Finding the customer link involved a Google search and a few dead ends. But ultimately the rep that refunded my money was very supportive and processed this request quickly. 

I guess what really bugs me is the zero amount of customer service that Roku has provided any of the members of this thread on this.  Sure they take the money but then ask the customers to provide their own tech support all while give token comments (Yes Danny I'm talking directly to you on this) that shows a vague hint of concern.  All in all, very frustrating... yet helpful in nudging me to drop Roku and picking up a competitor's product.  My Zen has now returned to my universe. 

0 Kudos