Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wildturkey10121
Reel Rookie

Re: F1 TV - Sign in issues and app not updating

Jump to solution

I'm having that exact problem on my 3900x so like a dummy I went out to Walmart and bought the 4k+ thinking maybe it would work on a newer device. WRONG! It does the exact same thing. I can log into my account from my phone and my computer, just not the roku. That to me makes it a roku problem, but they seem unwilling to accept that.

Something I noticed on my new device is different categories in Netflix, and even on the 1080p tv it seems to have a better picture. It may all be moot as I did order a new tv, I didn't pay attention if it had roku on it or not, seeing as it appears that I am starting a collection of those anyway.

Please get this fixed or give my money back please! I do not like paying for something I do not get!

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience regarding this issue.

We would recommend checking for a channel update by navigating to the channel on Home screen and pressing the * button and selecting Check for updates, then seeing if the issue is resolved.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Gonegonegone
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Danny, I’ve done this a million times.  

the Roku app page says that version 2.8 is current.  But what is installed on mine, even after a FACTORY RESET, is 2.0.

Something is cached/stuck in the deployment pipeline, I would guess.

gs7

Jump to solution

Attempted multiple times on multiple Rokus.  All new within the past year and still no luck.  It's getting frustrating Danny.  Please help find a solution.  It's a pretty big weekend for this.

gs7

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
Mommyatwork
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Correct, I would assume by the many replies in this thread that the issue is the same for all of us. There is no update available for the f1 app.

Users, again I encourage you to submit a complaint with the bbb.com

https://www.bbb.org/file-a-complaint

Mommyatwork
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This doesn’t work for me either since I’m not even able to see the log in screen on the roku tv app. The app opens and closes (shuts down) without further option.

Yet, it’s interesting to read on that Reddit thread the many other customers and complaints on the f1 app, listed for all different products, Apple play, iOS devices and the inability to chrome cast  or screen mirror from the phone app to a tv, where the app seems to work on some phones.

0 Kudos
pdsayslig
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Seriously?! Are you reading any of the posts? OF COURSE we are checking for updates OVER AND OVER!! Danny, how about you load the app on a Roku device, create a subscription, THEN SEE WHAT HAPPENS!!!

Jump to solution

So is there a place where this is actually solved?  Or does it just say that and link to this guy saying we need to get help from F1?

Does Roku not have a fix for this yet??

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Same here. Immensely frustrating. Please help, Danny.

0 Kudos