Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sgtseahorse
Reel Rookie

F1 TV - Sign in issues and app not updating

Jump to solution

Roku app store shows the newest version of F1 TV as version 2.2, but when I download and check for updates it is version 2.0 build 12042.

F1 TV states the app will work with Roku 3900x and above.  My system is 3920x

So when I try to sign in on the app, it will allow me to enter email and password(which shows all text).  But when I click the down arrow to select 'sign in' it just skips over it to 'Forgot Password?'  The credentials are correct as I've checked it on the F1 TV website and am able to log in. 

Essentially I just can't click the 'sign in' button.  I just did all the troubleshooting with Roku support but they pointed me to F1 TV support.  F1 TV says to use the updated 2.2 version, but Roku won't let me update the app. 

Any suggestions?

Version 2.2 availableVersion 2.2 availableversion 2.0 after download and updateversion 2.0 after download and update

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: F1 TV - Sign in issues and app not updating

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact F1 TV support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach F1 TV support here: https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.f1-tv-contact-us-en.2OTDW5SgIB5VRfr9Ojume3.html

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
54 REPLIES 54
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@sgtseahorse

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sgtseahorse
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Did all that when I was on with support.  Did not work Smiley Sad

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have exactly the same issue.

Were you ever able to figure it out?

0 Kudos
sgtseahorse
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Nope.  I worked with roku support and they pointed me to F1 TV support.  F1 TV support pointed back to roku support. 

Not how it's supposed to work I think haha

0 Kudos
furqanmk
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same issue here. That's poor software from F1 TV. Especially considering it's not a free service. I don't think Roku has anything to do with it. But Roku should have some quality control on their end as well. Apple would never let you put up an app that has problems in basic functionality like that.

0 Kudos
helms92

F1TV features lost after app update A111x

Jump to solution

I have a TCL 8 series 65" tv which says it's currently using version A111x of Roku. My F1TV app recently updated and now not all of the features work, specifically I've lost the ability to play the Team Radio rather than the normal audio commentary.

I contacted F1TV and they say that they only support Roku 3900x and higher. I can't find anything to compare A111x to 3900x. 

How do these two versions compare? Is A111x really lower than 3900x? I find it hard to believe that a TV this new and sophisticated would suddenly lose support like this.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact F1 TV support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach F1 TV support here: https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.f1-tv-contact-us-en.2OTDW5SgIB5VRfr9Ojume3.html

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rdalew
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

There is no remove channel option for the F1 app on any of my two tv’s that I have the app installed on.  

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @Rdalew

Thanks for the post.

If you are removing a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription first before you see the Remove channel option. For help identifying this type of subscription channel, read the detailed article about removing a channel.

Keep us updated on how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos