Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jerrytex
Channel Surfer

Eye See You movie on Roku Channel Voice Issue

Jump to solution

When playing this movie, there is background music, but the voices of the actors is missing. Closed captioning reveals the words, but that's not a good way to watch a movie.

I can watch other shows with no problem.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Eye See You movie on Roku Channel Voice Issue

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for your patience while we investigated the issue.

We believe the issue is now resolved. We would recommend checking to see if you are experiencing an issue and keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Stevelp
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same thing for me.  I can't figure out how to tell ROKU.  So I'll tell you, I'm having the same problem with the same movie. 

I've also watched movies where the closed captioning is way, way off from the proper timing.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Stevelp @jerrytex

Thanks for the posts. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

I've passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

"Eye See You" is playing fine on the other free channels/apps offering it.  (Filmrise, Redbox, Pluto, and Plex among others).

Seems like only the Roku Channel is experiencing this behavior. (there are a couple other titles this is happening with currently being addressed as well).

You will likely find watching it on another channel/app will be far easier and quicker than waiting for a fix to come to the Roku Channel for this movie or any other for that matter.  This goes for any movie/content on any free channel/app that is having issues.  Just have to remain flexible and watch it elsewhere.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for your patience while we investigated the issue.

We believe the issue is now resolved. We would recommend checking to see if you are experiencing an issue and keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Stevelp
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It is fixed.  Movie plays just fine, now. 

Danny,  Thank you.  Is this the best place to notify ROKU of problems?  I was unsuccessful in finding my way thru the get help with issues routine but was unable to get past the fill-in the blanks to the questions posed.

Steve

0 Kudos