Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jenzy63
Reel Rookie

Roku Guest Mode

Jump to solution

Roku needs to update their guest mode where the owners don’t have to re-sign into all their apps when they exit guest mode, and where the owner can still use their Roku while they have guests in town.  Your guest mode is essentially worthless if I have guests visiting me from out of town.  It’s ridiculous that you have to go through signing back into your apps every time you let your out of town visitors watch their channels using their Roku account.  Please update this feature. 🙄

skier74
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Guest Mode

Jump to solution

Agreed, this feature is kind of pointless unless you're running an AirBnB and you never stay there yourself. Come on Roku, how about making features that are actually useful to people?

OmaMu
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Guest Mode, logs out of owners apps

Jump to solution

I am so mad right now!  I allowed Guest Mode, and when we signed out, I had lost all of my sign-in's to all of my APPS!  ALL OF THEM!

ROKU this is ridiculous, in this day in age!  It's bad enough that the cable carriers control so much of what you are able to stream, but now this!  COME ON!!!

You have to fix this!  

Sbarker224
Reel Rookie

Re: Automatic Account Link for Netflix and Vudu

Jump to solution

This is absolutely useless. The reply and the functionality. How do we enter the solution to this as a feature request??

Chirper
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

How did you do that, I’ve done the same. 

0 Kudos
Chirper
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

How do u change the name.. can’t see any options on (Roku) website

0 Kudos
DarthDagger
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Renaming doesn’t solve the guest mode issue, I tested this myself it’s a completely different problem and absolutely Roku needs to finally fix that. Renaming somehow resolves a similar issue with specific apps, at least it did last year, not sure if an update fixed that bug since then. 

Open the Roku app on your phone, connect to the device you want to rename, if you have 2 identical devices this seems to be when this applies, press the ellipsis button (3 dots) and then “set name and location”. Once your identical devices have different names, the Roku OS suddenly remembers your saved passwords the next time you save them. 

0 Kudos
wsalopek
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Danny is this still true?

That guest mode signs the OWNER out of all their apps and then upon returning home the owner has to sign into all their apps? What is the reason for that?

And who thinks this is a good way to implement a guest mode? Anyone?

It seems to me that guest mode is 100% USELESS if the owner has to sign in to all their apps after returning home.

Holy cow what a mess.  Who in management thought this was a good feature?

jaybpl
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is still a non-functional feature. The above post sums it up perfectly.

Very disappointed in Roku, and disappointed that they don't seem to have a competent product manager.

0 Kudos
Toku
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Agree, guest mode should not affect owner mode. It makes no sense to protect guest info but force owners to spend hours rebuilding. Save owner m credentials on the system or to the cloud with two factors authentication  if needed. I love roku but I’ll replace all of them if there is a better solution for guest mode.

0 Kudos