Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Godbout

Exercise roomDevice memory

I have a Roku streaming stick on my main tv and Roku expresses on 3 other tvs.  Yesterday I tried to open you tube and it gave me the following.  There isn’t enough device memory to install you tube.  Remove channels to install.  I have never had t(is problem.  Does the memory they are referring to reside on the Roku express or on the main stick?  If I delete channels will it delete from all TV?  Please help!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Exercise roomDevice memory

@Godbout-

Your channel choices are attached to your Roku account.   Add/delete on one Roku, you add/delete on all Rokus linked to that same Roku account.

That error may be caused by a corrupted memory cache on the unit giving you the error, so before deleting any channels I'd try to clear the cache first.   The easiest way to clear the cache is by restarting the Roku that is giving you the error. 

Depending on your Roku model and Roku version number you'll find the System restart option under Settings > System > Power or if not there, under Settings > System

If a restart doesn't do it, or if you don't have sufficient control with the remote to navigate the Roku menus, you can also restart by pulling the power plug to the Roku for a few seconds then plugging it back in and wait for it to restart.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos