Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SCBiker58
Reel Rookie

Re: Excessive buffering watching FOX News Channel

@SABarb No, just add the foxnews app.  Use the code by going to your provider list and add the code.  You have to go to the foxnews/connect.  Google it 

0 Kudos
SABarb
Channel Surfer

@SCBiker58 Thank you for the help.....I will do that today.

0 Kudos
drwillie
Reel Rookie

Agree.  Buffering on Fox News only.  Tried all standard fixes (rebooted router, tried a Fire Stick, inserted a WiFi booster) all with no affect on Fox News.  Chatted w/ Google about YTTV and they concurred it was a problem on their end.  Work around is simple:  download Fox News Channel and then log into YTTV provider account. At some point Google will get it fixed. 

GP2Engine
Binge Watcher

It's obviously a conspiracy by the liberals, democrats, etc... Smiley LOL

0 Kudos
GP2Engine
Binge Watcher

@svc wrote:

After a week of Fox Channel buffering using Youtube TV, I contacted Youtube and they indicated they are working on it.   All other channels were fine.    For a network services provider to screw up this badly for a week, they are either completely incompetent or the service interruption is intentional.   

This morning I signed up for Sling Blue and Fox is streaming without interruptions/buffering - and it's half the price of Youtube TV!  I have now cancelled my Youtube TV subscription.

Intentional in what way? Please do elaborate. I could always use a good laugh.

0 Kudos
svc
Channel Surfer

@GP2Engine wrote:

Intentional in what way? Please do elaborate. I could always use a good laugh.

Recently retired from working 33-years in IT in various Fortune 500 data centers.   All operated to achieve the five-nines of quality of service.   With Youtube's service interrupted for a week, I see a lack of urgency, so from my perspective, it's intentional. 

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Yeah, this issue turns out to be the fault of certain apps/channels that carry the Fox News channel.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos

That’s ok… money talks. I complained about it and received. a 2 week credit for this “issue.” I will be contacting again tomorrow for an additional free week of service. Until they decide to “resolve” it, I don’t mind taking 15 min. a week to contact them. I recommend everyone do the same and we will see how quickly it is resolved…

0 Kudos
mwelch_58

I notice the same thing in Fox that is not on ROKU, but straight off the cable tv channels - oh boy, who could that be I wonder...

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

@mwelch_58

We appreciate your contact!

We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

1. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
2. Are you receiving error messages or codes when accessing the channel?
3. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue? Have you removed the channel, restart the device then add the channel back?
4. What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot any channel playback issues: How to resolve a channel playback issue 

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Karla

0 Kudos