Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vakko
Roku Guru

Re: Excessive buffering watching FOX News Channel

@svc  You left the best and most popular live tv streaming service over trouble with 1 network out of the 85+ it offers? Interesting 

SABarb
Channel Surfer

Not if it is the only YouTubeLiveTV channel you watch!!

0 Kudos
svc
Channel Surfer

"The best" is subjective.  I watch about 1-hour of TV a day, when I sit down for a meal, mostly Fox Business or Fox News.   I expect better service for $65/mo

Vakko
Roku Guru

Vakko
Roku Guru

@pkaboo1234  I helped everyone here giving them an alternative. I also provided a link to Downdetector indicating problems with Fox News. And what have you done to help? People can download the Fox News channel and login with there YouTube TV credentials 

Vakko
Roku Guru

Fox News is having issues. It is indicated right on Downdetector 

https://downdetector.com/status/fox-news/

0 Kudos
pkaboo1234
Roku Guru

Odd how the buffering issue is only happening on the Fox News Channel on YouTube TV. And if it's a Fox News Channel issue, why would anyone recommend anyone sign in to FOX on a different source? That seems pretty silly. Seems the buffering  issue would follow the channel.....unless, it's not a Fox News Channel issue at all. And YouTube TV is working on fixing the issue. 

But that's just me, the idiot, putting my common sense out there. Since common sense seems to be lacking in a lot of these rude posts. 

I have sling blue and the Fox News channel works fine there. Again, how odd. 

0 Kudos
SABarb
Channel Surfer

@pkaboo1234 It is strange indeed. Spent half the day with internet server, Roku and YouTube. There are lots of reports of the extreme buffering between You Tube and Fox News, You Tube says they are aware and are looking into it with Fox but can offer no guarantees or resolutions on anything ( I don't find that particularly comforting)..... have seen that Sling does not have that issue. The issue is so extreme I have had to turn tv off and go to bed and read. So is Vakko the Roku Help Board moderator? Very strange comments if he is.

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@SABarb 

Should not have to deal with that particular user mentioned much longer.

Keep in mind when dealing with internet forums, "Do not feed the trolls".

In their own minds, they are always smarter than you, are always right, and exist to harass.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

pkaboo1234
Roku Guru

My daughter has the same issue with her youtube tv. Seems to be only Fox News. I have not noticed the issue on Sling blue. 

I'm not sure what his job is, but it seems to me if he's supposed to be working for Roku, they have an issue with their Help Board moderators. 

I've been posting here a while and never had trouble before. There are 2 of them that seem to be ganging up on everyone. This must be their thrill in life. Sad for them.