Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pkaboo1234
Roku Guru

Re: Excessive buffering watching FOX News Channel

My daughter has YouTube TV, her FOX news is buffering and is pretty much unwatchable. I have SlingBlue. FOX news seems to be working fine on my Roku TV. Sounds like a YouTube TV problem. 

pkaboo1234
Roku Guru

@Vakko I can watch FOX news channel fine on my Roku TV. I have sling blue. My daughter has youtube tv and fox news is unwatchable on her TV. Constanly buffering and skipping. Sounds like a youtube tv problem. 

JustTobey

According to the Twitters, YouTubeTV is working on the issue:

TeamYouTube

@TeamYouTube
· 11h
Replying to @ryrob11
confirming the tech issue,, we're aware of the buffering/pausing on Fox News and are now working on a fix. hoping for your patience!
JustTobey

You are close.  This has been acknowledged as a YouTubeTV issue, and they are working on a solution per their Twitter.  https://twitter.com/TeamYouTube/status/1548161601957535745

JustTobey

Just because people misreport to downdetector.com doesn't make this a Fox News issue.  YouTubeTV is working on a solution:  https://twitter.com/TeamYouTube/status/1548161601957535745

JustTobey

YouTubeTV is working on a solution:  https://twitter.com/TeamYouTube/status/1548161601957535745

Just because people misreport to downdetector.com doesn't make this a Fox News issue.

SABarb
Channel Surfer

I doubt that, it has been going on at my house for 7-10 days so bad finally had to turn tv off and go to bed. Previous to that it occurred between 5-6:30 and would usually take 30-45 minutes to resolve???????? Spoke to YOUTubeLiveTv and "they said" they are aware of problem and are working with Fox News but can't guarantee a resolution or time frame.!

0 Kudos
svc
Channel Surfer

After a week of Fox Channel buffering using Youtube TV, I contacted Youtube and they indicated they are working on it.   All other channels were fine.    For a network services provider to screw up this badly for a week, they are either completely incompetent or the service interruption is intentional.   

This morning I signed up for Sling Blue and Fox is streaming without interruptions/buffering - and it's half the price of Youtube TV!  I have now cancelled my Youtube TV subscription.

0 Kudos
Vakko
Roku Guru

@svc  Point is?

0 Kudos
svc
Channel Surfer

<<@svc  Point is?>>

res ipsa loquitur -  In my case,  which doesn't appear to be unique having read similar posts, the problem is Youtube TV's service.  The solution was to change service providers.   

0 Kudos