Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peterwolfs

Excessive Commercials on channels such as Filmrise and Tubi

I was a big fan of Tubi and Filmrise until recently. These channels have now increased the number and frequency of commercials to the point that I can no longer enjoy them. Commercials are a necessity I understand this, but why insert them at inappropriate moments in the show, and why now so many? At this point I can now only use Roku for PBS and Netflix, the free channels are just not worth it anymore. 

4 REPLIES 4
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Excessive Commercials on channels such as Filmrise and Tubi

Many of the free ad-supported channels are that way.  Sorry to hear two more have joined the fold.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
LogicalOne
Reel Rookie

It’s turned Abusive. If everyone removes those channels they will get the message!

Tutu63

I've only had the Roku for 10 days and I've had enough. There are more minutes of commercials than programming on Filmrise and even PBS has commercials on Roku when they don't on regular tv. If this is what Roku thinks is a good customer experience then I'll return the stick to the store and get my money back.

RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Tutu63

Thanks for reaching out

Please be advised that Roku (and/or its partners and content providers) may display advertising and promotional messages through your Roku products and content services. As a free service, like the Roku Channel, Tubi, Crackle, and PBS include commercials. Currently, there isn't a paid, ad-free version of Roku available. To learn more, you can visit this link.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos