Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
K_N_S
Binge Watcher

Error! You've exceeded account limits

Jump to solution

We've been getting this error message on both Fox Nation and FoxNow apps after about 10 minutes of watching.

We have to hit back button, can't resume.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Error! You've exceeded account limits

Jump to solution

Hi @bohratom

Thanks for the post.

For the issue you're experiencing with Fox Now, we recommend contacting their support team directly for more information and better insight into how their channel works on Roku. They'll be the best ones to help you out with that matter. 

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Are they subscriptions? Are there limits on the number of simultaneous streams? Are you sharing your account with anyone else? Do you close out any browser or apps on other devices when not using them?

0 Kudos
K_N_S
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Fox Nation is a subscription that isn't shared. With both we have to sign into our DirecTv account to watch Fox news live. That login isn't shared either.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

You'll want to contact Fox about issues with their channels/apps.  It's not really a Roku issue since they didn't create the channel/app and have no control over it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
bohratom
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I have the same issue when using the Fox sports or Fox Now app on both my Roku's. I'm the only one using the account and have access to both Fox programming and Fox Sports with my Verizon fios account. Within about 15 minutes watching any Fox Sports live program I get "Error! You've exceeded your account limits". Like I said Im the only one using this account and should not be receiving this message. 

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @bohratom

Thanks for the post.

For the issue you're experiencing with Fox Now, we recommend contacting their support team directly for more information and better insight into how their channel works on Roku. They'll be the best ones to help you out with that matter. 

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
K_N_S
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

This is not a solution....

0 Kudos
ShiftControl
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku has more power in getting FoxSports to act and fix this issue. Just remove the app from your line-up as buggy and non-functional. Then notify them.

They will probably act (and fix) in 24 hours.

If users contact them they will probably not act until a critical mass of complaints is accumulated. That could be months or years.

It already has been years and nothing has been done yet!

HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@ShiftControl I have used the Fox Sports App for a long time and have never had an issue.  Do you have a TV provider?  Are you sure your TV provider carries Fox Sports?  Since I know several people using the app without a problem it will be years before you reach critical mass of complaints.

0 Kudos
K_N_S
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

You have to have a tv provider to watch anything Fox related.

Our was direct but we've switched to dish and having the same problem.