Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arun_6066

Re: Roku NOT playing Prime, Sling & bunch of others

Jump to solution

I had five channels in my Roku Device - Express + 3910RW - Netflix, Prime, Youtube, Xumo and Zee5. Since today afternoon, Youtube was not working -  "Youtube could not be run because it could not be installed from the network"

Followed posts in the forum - Did the following

1. Removed and added the channel again - It was not working

2. Did System Update - It was not working

3. Did Factory Reset - Installed all Channels, - Problem did not get resolved

4. Removed all channels and added channel one by one and checked. 

Just Youtube Channel installed - it worked fine. Installed Prime then, it worked fine, Installed Netflix - Netflix failed to install due to space not available. 

Also i referred to the forum and followed 5 times home press, one time up, twice << and twice >>

Then also, the same problem continued. and still continues

I pressed home 5 times and pressed back button 5 times and i got the following msg

Serial # YG004H608123

SW Version 10.0.0 Build 4209.51

ID -23-369-523

Time Stamp - 2021-09-14T14:43:10Z

Request your help to resolve this. Earlier all the channels were working fine.

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@UrsisPanties wrote:

Replying by recommending everything the op already said they did doesn't help anyone.

Sometimes support needs ro think that it may not be the same problem and same solutions from 6 months ago that don't do a thing but waste ones time now.

Its obvious either the app is bugged or your servers are broken, stop blaming us and of all things a screensaver(lOl).

Replying by not stating your Roku model #, firmware version, or problem/issue doesnt help you.

Sometimes the same problems do re-occur, so the same solutions can/may/do work.  Posting without stating a problem doesnt do a thing but waste one's time.

Its probably also useful to pay attention to which posters are Roku employees and which arent.

Both the app and RokuOS "are bugged", there isn't a single post "blaming you" for the app loading failure, and the theme/screensaver workaround/solution in fact does work for older/low memory models.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Eye144144 wrote:

Yes, i have done all and repeatedly. Hard reboot off power helps on some services like disney.  But not amazon prime. So will delete and reinstall each app. 

Dont remove YTTV - you wont be able to reinstall it until after the dispute is settled.

If you still cant load apps, try posting your device/account information to one of the mega-threads, such as:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/After-last-update-will-not-load-any-channels/...

Otherwise you can contact Roku CS directly:

chat/email/phone:  https://support.roku.com/contactus  (choose setup/Roku TV/other/need more help?)

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am at work, so don't know what you would need to know system wise.

It says can't run channel - heading.

Direct TV stream - Could not be run because it could not be reinstalled from the network.  Please check your network connections and try again. 

I did make sure the tv was connected to my wireless and internet, but the channel still didn't work.  I even unplugged the roku from the back of the tv and unplugged it from the wall.  Then plugged them back in and they still didn't work.  It is only my bedroom tv the downstair tv was working.

0 Kudos
Rekisu
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku NOT allowing YouTube to run.

Jump to solution

Since last night (9/13/21) at around 7pm MST, Roku will not be open the YouTube app. It gives the message included with this post. I have not added or changed any channels in months and YouTube has worked just fine. My connections are perfect and working fine. All my other channels work fine. I have deleted YouTube force restarted Roku then redownloaded YT. It is up to date. I have plugged unplugged and did all the things! Help! E39B4F7A-EF5F-412D-96B8-B49BDB1D9CF7.jpeg

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

If its just the Direct TV Stream app, try reinstalling it:

1) Remove the app (Highlight the app, press the Options (*) button on the remote, then Remove)

2) RESTART the Roku (Settings/System/System restart/Restart) <-- MUST DO THIS HERE!!!

3) Re-install the app

(If you dont restart after removal, settings/cached data associated with the app are left behind and it wont be a clean re-install)

If its multiple apps, try:

1) Check for updates: Settings/System/System update/Check now - try again

2) Restart Roku: Settings/System/System restart/Restart - try again

3) Change your Theme to the Roku Default: Settings/Theme/Restore default theme - try again

4) Change your Screensaver to a Roku clock: Settings/Theme/Screensavers - try again

5) Remove SD card (if installed) - try again

6) Network connection reset: Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Network connection reset - try again

7) Completely unplug power from Roku for 10-15 minutes - try again

😎 Factory reset: Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Factory reset <--- last resort

0 Kudos
Jimbo2

Roku Streaming Stick 3800RW

Jump to solution

Roku Streaming Stick 3800RW. Soft ware 10.0.0 Build 4209-55  Last update June 23.

Receiving message: Can't run channel - The Roku Channel could not be run because it could not reinstall from the network. Please check your network connection and try again.

Netflix - works fine,  Filmrise - works, Watch Free Flix -works, Popcorn Flix -works

Roku, Disney, hulu, YouTube, peacock, cbs news, abc newslive, DIYHome, Sling, PBS, The CW, Crackle, Tubi and XITE all have the above "Can't run channel" message.

Network check shows status as connected, wireless connection type and good signal strength. A connection check reports a successful connection check. Software update check reports software up to date. System restart for about the sixth time does nothing.  I have unplugged tv (not roku tv) and roku streaming stick and left them unplugged for about 30 minutes each, twice.  Roku streaming stick was plugged into usb on back of tv but have changed to electrical plug with appropriate adaptor, no change. A network connection reset does not correct problem.

Roku Ultra on another tv is working fine. 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Streaming Stick 3800RW

Jump to solution

Try the list below, especially the highlighted ones:

Known solutions/workarounds for apps not loading/closing to Home:

1) Check for updates: Settings/System/System update/Check now - try again

2) Restart Roku: Settings/System/System restart/Restart - try again

3) Change your Theme to the Roku Default: Settings/Theme/Restore default theme - try again

4) Change your Screensaver to a Roku clock: Settings/Theme/Screensavers - try again

5) Remove SD card (if installed) - try again

6) Network connection reset: Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Network connection reset - try again

7) Completely unplug power from Roku for 10-15 minutes - try again

😎 Factory reset: Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Factory reset <--- last resort

Otherwise, report this to Roku directly:

chat/email:   https://support.roku.com/contactus   (choose setup/ultra/other/need more help?)

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone!

We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Please provide us the following information for further investigation:

-Roku device model
-Serial number
-Device ID
-Software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Bamaboy12

Re: "Can't run channel" error message

Jump to solution

I’m trying to run YouTube and everyone I try to run it, it keeps saying “ can’t run because it could not be installed on this network.” I tried deleting some apps, resetting my Roku, deleting and reinstalling it, checking for update and nothing is working, I hope u can help me figure this out, it was working fine yesterday and now today it’s doing this all of a sudden. 

ps. It’s doing the same for YouTubeTv but not any of the other apps, it’s just YouTube and YouTubeTv

0 Kudos