Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
billyoper
Binge Watcher

Re: STILL NOT Resolved: Channel launch issue - "Can't run channe...

Jump to solution

Try going into system,power,system restart,roku support sucks,I hope this works for you, I have a roku tv also,this may clean up the cache in the tv.

0 Kudos
RobbMc

Can’t run channel update didn’t help

Jump to solution

I have just started getting a “Can’t run channel” error on different channels that had recently functioned normally.  I deleted several channels as instructed and am still receiving the error.  How many channels do I have to delete to get my Roku working again?  I never received this error prior to October 10, 2021.  I have checked for updates and my system appears current.

0 Kudos

Re: Can’t run channel update didn’t help

Jump to solution

I started having the same issue two days ago with Hulu, Discovery Plus, Disney and a few others.  Netflix and YouTube are working.  I followed all of the instructions in the other posts and still no luck.  Roku folks - please respond.  I have a Roku TV versus the stick.

0 Kudos
Tstat
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Does this issue include Popcorn Flix? When I open the channel, all I get is a grey screen. Not even a notice that it isn't available.

0 Kudos
Jbnonc

Jump to solution

I’m done with this nonsense. ROKU thinks it can hold customers hostage while they sit on the hands and do nothing for over 3 weeks. You just lost a customer. And I suspect a lot more will follow. You don’t deserve the business. 

0 Kudos
dknott20

Jump to solution

Roku OS 10.5 didn't "resolve" the issue universally as the mods are indicating.  Am I interpreting these release notes correctly?

https://developer.roku.com/docs/developer-program/release-notes/roku-os-release-notes.md#roku-os-105

It looks like they exposed some functions that allow apps to better handle memory allocation, but it's up to the individual app developers to implement the changes?  Seems like many of the big ones haven't?  Whatever this update supposedly fixed, it's not a great implementation and needs to be looked at again.

0 Kudos
MoxieOne

Jump to solution

Even after updating still having same issue. YES I tried all the fixes and gave up for a month. Please fix. 

Roku plater 3600x 5S467PO68227

SOFTWARE 10.0.0

BUILD 4209-24

0 Kudos
Aramaki76

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue. 
currently the only thing that works is to take out the power from the actual tv, wait about 6 seconds and plug it back in again. 
the software is up to date! Searching for another update doesn’t help because it’s up to date. 
Roku staff please assist! 
Thanks. 

0 Kudos
RokuIrene-S
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Aramaki76

Thanks for the post.

Did you restart your Roku before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we suggest giving it a shot once again.

We also recommend restarting the Roku from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.

All the best,
Irene

0 Kudos
GKrafft

Re: ** Cannot launch Channel “not enough space”

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue with Netflix. I have deleted all unused apps. I have the Roku premiere 4620x. Is Netflix no longer supported on this device? Seems odd but thought I’d ask!

0 Kudos