Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
upset1235
Streaming Star

Re: STILL NOT Resolved: Channel launch issue - "Can't run channe...

Jump to solution

Is anyone else still having this issue?

upset1235
Streaming Star

Re: Error: Can't run channel. Prime, Sling & bunch of others

Jump to solution

I have the same Roku model as you. Are you still having issues? Because I am, but I noticed that no one seems to be spoting to this thread anymore. I appreciate your input. Thanks!

julieann
Reel Rookie

Re: Can’t Add Channels - Not Enough Space - even with no channels

Jump to solution

@remaker 

Those questions were not asked, sorry.  I have 3 channels, deleted everything else.  My device, do you mean 3900x Roku Express?  

1. do not have a way to add memory

2. have completed the factory reset and that is when I lost the ability to have channels and actually play them.

3. Why all of sudden, in the middle of watching sling did my Roku shut down?

4.  I cannot play sling, Netflix, any news channel and even the Roku channel has issues.

0 Kudos
julieann
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, I am still having issues.  My passwords are not being kept, I cannot stream any channels including the Roku channel.  

hammcqueen
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I purchased the SDmicro card as recommended the issue has still not been resolved.  It has been over two weeks.

remaker
Roku Guru

Re: Can’t Add Channels - Not Enough Space - even with no channels

Jump to solution

Hello @julieann, thanks the information. You are right, you cannot add memory to a 3900 series Roku.

If a problem persists across a factory reset, it may be a hardware problem.

I don't know what is going on, but here's a guess:

If you have done a factory reset and can't add channels, that's weird. What error message do you get when you try to add a channel? If it is "out of memory" or "not enough memory," even after a factory reset, I would guess that the flash memory chip has failed in some way and is only operating at a fraction of its true capacity. Unfortunately, Roku has no way to show an ordinary users how much memory it thinks it has installed.

If it is under warranty, I'd exchange it. If it is out of warranty, check to see if the credit card you bought it on offers an extended warranty for purchases.

The strange failure modes you are seeing may also indicate a hardware failure. When flash-memory is semi-functional, parts of code will run, others will crash. There is no way for a regular user to diagnose that sort of thing.

My guess is a hardware failure. 

As a last resource you an try a hard factory reset using a paperclip and the reset button on the back https://support.roku.com/article/208757008

0 Kudos
hammcqueen
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Problem persists...despite performing system update and restart.

0 Kudos
Novag

Cannot launch Channel “not enough space”

Jump to solution

Am currently up to date with system updates and cannot launch YouTube. Will load then says to remove channels not enough space. 

0 Kudos
lr3
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I finally resolved my issue with YouTube not loading and going back immediately to the home screen. I had updated software many times, restarted many times, and deleted and reinstalled the app....with no luck. Some solutions seemed silly, like changing the theme.

Since I hadn't about an official fix (there seems to be one now, one that didn't work for me), I decided to be a little more systematic. After checking again that it would not load, I did the following In this order:

1. Checked for an update
  2. Deleted the YouTube channel
  3. Restarted Roku. This clears your cache.
  4. Added back the channel and launched it from that screen. It finally loaded, after a dozen previously failed attempts.

The only issue I've had is with YouTube - Sling, Hulu & Netflix work fine. I feel bad for users with other channel issues. It was maddening to have a channel unusable for even one day. We hadn't recorded certain races and were relying on YouTube to watch the replays.

FYI, when I tried to login here, while using my VPN, the login worked, but Roku blocked some features access. It's weird how some websites freak out when using a VPN. Recently I couldn't access the Macys website...crazy, wasn't logging in, just wanted to shop.

0 Kudos
novastb

Re: YouTube Error: Can't Run Channel since Not Enough Space

Jump to solution

Believe it or not resetting the theme and screen saver fix it after days of trying, Why?????????????????????????????