Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Error: Can't run channel. Prime, Sling & bunch of others

Jump to solution

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Please be advised that we are aware that there are customers who are still experiencing the same problem, and the assigned Roku team is continuously investigating it.

Meanwhile, to those users who haven't provided their information yet, if performing a software update then restart doesn't resolve the error on your end, reply here with the information asked by @RokuDanny-R in this thread. It will help our team to isolate and resolve the problem. 

Click here to check Danny's post.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
johnmcfarlandaz
Channel Surfer

Re: STILL NOT Resolved: Channel launch issue - "Can't run channe...

Jump to solution

Tried everything. Still not working.

In the event, that your issue is still not resolved, please provide us with the following information so we can investigate your specific issue:
Can't run channel
...could not be reinstalled from the network
Check network
(Network is fine. Other channels work.)

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
3900RW - ROKU EXPRESS
YGOOAX786568
C4385A786568
10.0.0 BUILD 4209-51

-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
HBO MAX
5013 BUILD 3
HULU
6.5 BUILD 0
PBS
5.0 BUILD 5
HISTORY
3.6 BUILD 0
YOUTUBE
2.20 BUILD 93005146

I've tried a number of things including checking for updates. Restarting the device. System restart. Nothing works to get the above channels back.

billyoper
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

5D3FCD1D-602D-4D38-840B-C79D16A5CA97.jpegcan not load YouTube tv,sling,Apple TV,airplay,came up with can not run channel 

0 Kudos
Tayylahh0305
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

Still having this issue with one of our devices in our home. 

- Model: 3900X - Roku Express
Serial Number: YG00D7719609
Device ID: C3394D719609 
Software Version: 10.0.0 Build 42090-51
Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)

- Sling TV (Version 8.4 build 975), Youtube (version 2.20 build 93005146), Prime Video (Version 12.0 build 2021090212), Spotify Music (Version 2.7 build 16), HBO Max (version 50.13 build 3), Only Dogs (Version 1.1 build 1), DogTV (Version6.330 Build 1) - there may be other channels but these are the ones we use most frequently. 

- Tracker ID from Prime - 09-378-189 - is this number different every time do you need each one?

- Last week I believe on Thursday!

- We've done everything possible. I checked the network, restarted the roku, checked for updates and it is up to date, hard restarted the roku, reset theme to original and screen saver, restarted multiple times & still nothing!

- Error Message: " 'APP NAME' could not be run because it could not be reinstalled from the network. Please check your network connection & try again." Then we have the option to check the network or cancel. Which we've checked the network and its absolutely fine.

0 Kudos
Rickm913
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have tried this but there is no update available, my last update is dated June 24, 21.   I can now get Hulu to work by restarting but each time I do I must sign in again.  This is a real pain.  

By the way, this is an awful support experience.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We are continuing to investigate this issue. Thank you for your continued patience while we work to resolve it. Once more information is available, we will be sure to update this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rickm913
Channel Surfer

Re: Error: Can't run channel. Prime, Sling & bunch of others

Jump to solution

Danny's solution is no solution.  There is no update to download. I have gotten Hulu to work by restarting, however. I have to resign each time.   A temp fix at best.

0 Kudos
Tayylahh0305
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

I just had some new glitch now happen with this. Was running Netflix just fine watching a show about 10 minutes ago. Then the app just suddenly stopped. I went to go re launch it and now its saying that there's an error & not enough space. Not sure how this happened when Netflix has been working fine through this whole issue. 

0 Kudos
aaronsdad52
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi aaronsdad here two of our Roku Express are working but one has to be restarted once daily and one box won't allow anything and the numbers are below

Model 3900RW 

Serial number YG00DR667948

S Build 10.0.0 build 4209-51

Device ID C4381D667948

0 Kudos
alan0591

Jump to solution

This has been going on now for well over a week with multiple users having no access to multiple channels; and everyone seems to have gone through all the routine as well as more exotic fixes. Sounds to me like this is a bug in your system, not with our servers.  Is anyone actually trying to figure this out?