Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carondesign
Binge Watcher

Re: This did not fix the issue- Resolved Channel launch issue - "Can't run channel"

Jump to solution

I have the same problem with Roku and Walter presents

0 Kudos
woody27
Reel Rookie

Re: STILL NOT Resolved: Channel launch issue - "Can't run channe...

Jump to solution

getting same error when running youtube tv (version 2.20, build 93005574). started at some point since last used 9/12/21.  Did system restart and update, unplugged for 10 minutes, updated theme and screensaver.

3900RW Roku express

sn YG005M462973

SW 10.0.0 build 4209-51

device ID C438D5462973

issue ID 73-375-316

20210918_101747.jpg

carondesign
Binge Watcher

Re: Still having problems with Roku playback as of 9/16/2021

Jump to solution

THEY DON"T KNOW HOW TO FIX IT!

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@upset1235 @woody27

Thanks for providing us your information.

I have forwarded them to the appropriate Roku team to investigate the issue further. Once we got an update, we'll post it in this thread.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Channels Still Aren't Working

Jump to solution

Have you forced an update via Roku menu path Settings > System > System update > Check now?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I’ve got Streaming Sticks on three TVs. Two of them have had no problem and are working fine. The other one wouldn’t load Sling TV app on 9/14 and 9/15. Many others posted the same issue then.

Next day Roku moderator Danny posted “Resolved”. I followed his steps and sure enough Sling opened. However, it now gives me a seemingly random package of channels and does not contain the ones it should have. For example, no Fox News, no CNN, no MSNBC, no Bloomberg, etc. 

SN CT37CE680998

0 Kudos
Briclem01

Re: Error: Can't run channel. Prime, Sling & bunch of others

Jump to solution

Error is not corrected.  Followed steps and problem persists.  Other units are working, roku express + continues to have the issue.  I have checked for updates, removed the app, rebooted and reinstalled, nothing is working.  Software version 10.0.0 build 4209-ae

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Briclem01 

The following workaround may work for you.

ATTENTION:  If you still cant load YouTube/YouTube (or other apps):

1) Check for updates:  Settings/System/System update/Check now

2) Restore the default theme:  Settings/Theme/Restore default theme

3) Use a simple screensaver:  Settings/Theme/Screensavers/Roku Digital Clock/Set as screensaver

4) Load YT/YTTV/apps

** EVEN IF YOU ALREADY PERFORMED THESE STEPS, DO THEM AGAIN **

0 Kudos
billyoper
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Still not working affecting more channels,YouTube tv,sling,YouTube,airplay,I am not paying all this money for this to be happening and no update is found

Rvnshadow2001
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yup my Britbox, prime, and Spotify are still not working !!! Is Roku going to reimburse us the money for channels we cannot watch??!!

0 Kudos