Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
heya

Re: No Channels Working Except Netflix

Jump to solution

ok .. i thought i 'had done something , wth

0 Kudos
thomas4

no channel except netflix.

Jump to solution

Danny-R your can't load channels problem also says on some channels check network connection. Network is up and running fine, even Roku says so. I have three Roku in my house a TV and two express, Only one express is messed up

George7
Binge Watcher

Re: Error: Can't run channel. Prime, Sling & bunch of others

Jump to solution

Hey Kariza 
did that, installed the latest version and it is of no help

RocuTexas
Reel Rookie

Channel launch issue - "Can't run channel" Screenshots

Jump to solution

Started today on a Roku Express+5th Generation MODEL 3910RW.  All recommendations from previous helpful/associated posts performed to no success. Youtube nonfunctional. Second Roku Streaming Stick 6th Generation MODEL 3800X  fully functional no issues. Shown when Youtube pressed.  Percentage loading does not move.Shown when Youtube pressed. Percentage loading does not move.Error after percentage load malfunction.  Check network takes you back to home page.Error after percentage load malfunction. Check network takes you back to home page.

DA14

All Channels not working except Netflix

Jump to solution

I can't load any channels, device was working fine a couple of days ago. Netflix works perfectly fine. My Network & Internet connection are excellent and strong. I have two other Roku's on other TV's , they both work great, thus far.

I switched the problematic Roku device to another TV and yet I still have the same problem, NO channels, except Netflix, it works.

The software is up to date. I've unplugged the Roku device , reset any and everything several times which has changed nothing.  I don't want to delete any Channels,  because l will not be able to get the Spectrum App back.

Please fix this issue, as I clearly see I 'am not alone in regards to this issue.

Thank you!  

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: All Channels not working except Netflix

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Are you seeing a message on screen? If so, what does the message state?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
momof7

Re: YouTube not working Sept 2021

Jump to solution

Error message I get is:  "youtube could not be run because it could not be reinstalled from the network" - then asks to check network connections which I did, but did not help

Natasha10
Reel Rookie

Re: YouTube not working Sept 2021

Jump to solution

I getthe same message,ive done everything and it still doesnt work.doesnt make sense.

Pate2021

Re: Error: Can't run channel. Prime, Sling & bunch of others

Jump to solution

Sling not working.  Tried deleting Sling and reinstalling...tried restarting...tried software update...Sling still unable to load.  

JHKW
Binge Watcher

Re: Channel launch issue - "Can't run channel" Screenshots

Jump to solution

Hey @RocuTexas I see that several threads to which I may have already posted have just been merged, so apologies for the redundancy if you've already seen my suggestion along the way. But especially since each of us have an Express+ (yet mine is RW3931), I thought it worth pasting that content tagged to your attention just to make sure. It got to your screen. Hope info is of use.

Not sure if my solution is helpful for all devices or just for the lower-capacity Roku devices like mine (I have a one year old Roku Express+), but here's my experience.

I have a Roku Ultra that worked just fine, but just in the past few days I could not play my YouTube TV, YouTube or Spotify apps via my Express+. (I'm not sure if this is germane, but these 3 happened to be my 3 most used apps.) Unlike some users, I was not getting a prompt indicating a space problem. The fail prompt I saw said "could not be reinstalled from the network".  Ultimately I found that resetting the Roku theme to the default corrected it. 

More specifically, I previously was using the Aquarium Life screensaver. Through trial and error I found that by deselecting that one and choosing a different screensaver made everything work fine again. The easiest way to do this is to first pick the default theme pack; then, test-drive another screensaver if you want something different. Every single time I rechose Aquarium Life, I encountered the very same fail. And once I chose a different screensaver, all 3 worked just as they should.

Hope this helps. I know how frustrating this channel downtime was for me, so good luck!