Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NMBSC
Reel Rookie

Re: Connected to internet but says i cant connect to some channels

Jump to solution

I did, but nothing that I felt would jeopardize losing YouTube TV channel which I was told if removed can not be reinstalled. Factory Reset I believe would remove YTTV correct? I tried all other steps on the list with no success. If this is in relation to the YTTV dispute then ROKU should explain. I have reached out to Google YTTV to inquire about this issue also this morning.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Connected to internet but says i cant connect to some channels

Jump to solution

@NMBSC 

No, a Factory Reset does not remove apps from your account - only manually removing them removes them, so you can safely Factory Reset any device and not lose any apps.

It is not in specific relation to the Google & Roku dispute, but rather a combination of RokuOS updates and YT/YTTV app updates.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku NOT playing Prime, Sling & bunch of others

Jump to solution

@CastielsUnicorn-

All of those "could not be reinstalled from the Internet" notices would seem to indicate a problem with your Roku-to-internet connection.

Here's what has worked for me to re-establish my net connection.

• Restart your router (even if other devices have no problem finding and connecting). Sometimes that's all it takes, if not keep going.
  • Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart (for Roku TV it's Settings > System > Power > System restart). Again sometimes that's all it takes, if not keep going.
  • Find and connect to your network via Settings> Network > Set up connection

If that doesn't fix it, try disconnecting the power to your Roku for a few seconds.  When it comes back up, see if you then can set up the network connection.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
level003
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have this problem as well on my Roku Express. Worked fine last night, now it will not run several channels. Tried to run update (didn't run because it said it was up to date), then unplugged it, tried deleting/reinstalling channels, deleting unused channels, factory reset, nothing worked. Please help! Here is my info:

3900RW - Roku Express

Serial # YG00AJ155706

Device ID C4395A155706

Software version 10.0.0 build 4209-51

Happens on the following channels:

YouTube TV - version 2.20 build 93005573, tracker ID 06-369-473

Prime Video - version 12.0 build 2021090212, Tracker ID 06-369-476

Hulu - version 6.49 build 3, Tracker ID 06-369-477

YouTube - version 2.20 build 93005144, Tracker ID 06-369-479

The Roku Channel - version 4.2 build 3, Tracker ID 06-369-480

Amazon Music - version 3.0 build 62, Tracker ID 06-369-482

Disney+ - version 1.15 build 2021080400, Tracker ID 06-369-483

Spotify Music - version 2.7 build 16, Tracker ID 06-369-484

Jump to solution

Error: channel could not run because it could not be reinstalled. What do I need to do to get my channels back?

0 Kudos
Coco4

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem.  At first I couldn't get anything. After a factory reset (twice) I can get Hulu, but nothing else.  I also have a Roku Express. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Replying by recommending everything the op already said they did doesn't help anyone.

Sometimes support needs ro think that it may not be the same problem and same solutions from 6 months ago that don't do a thing but waste ones time now.

Its obvious either the app is bugged or your servers are broken, stop blaming us and of all things a screensaver(lOl).

Aaronb1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reminder to reboot the device after deleting "Prime Video".

Unfortunately it didn't work. I tried unplugging it also after removing the channel. So far  "Prime Video" is the ONLY channel that will not work. I did the factory fresh. still no good. 

Again. I think I did all the suggestion found on the site. I did reboot my router.  I think I will reboot my router AND my cable modem this time.

I would love to add FIXED to this discussion.

By the way. My USB on the TV is being used by old Chromecast. 

0 Kudos
Eye144144
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, i have done all and repeatedly. Hard reboot off power helps on some services like disney.  But not amazon prime. So will delete and reinstall each app. 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@tmeschberger12 

You didnt mention your Roku model # and firmware version: Settings/System/About

You also didnt mention what your specific issue/error is.

0 Kudos