Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JYac626
Channel Surfer

Error 0058: The AccountID is not Active on ESPN App

*Using a Roku 3

Need help solving 0058 Error on ESPN App. It blocks all the channels I’m subscribed to with DirectTV. 

What’s bizarre is that I’ve had no issues since I signed up for ESPN Plus until the last few weeks. 

I also had a similar issue with the Watch TNT app as well, telling me I wasn’t subscribed to the channel and to contact my provider, but the issue is obviously with the Roku itself.

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Error 0058: The AccountID is not Active on ESPN App

@JYac626-

I'm having a similar issue with Watch TCM, also authenticated with DirecTV as my tv provider.  I must sign out, sign back in and reauthenticate with DirecTV and I'm ok for a while.  If I try to watch two movies in a row, I may need to do it again.

I suspect the common thread here is authenticating with DirecTV.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@JYac626  ESPN and ESPN+ are two entirely different services 

0 Kudos
JYac626
Channel Surfer

I only started to use the ESPN app since I signed up for ESPN Plus.

I do not have any issues with ESPN plus content, but only content subscribed through DirectTV. 

I hope that clears things up.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@JYac626  That’s why I said what I did. It’s not a Roku issue. It’s something with your TV provider credentials. Are you sure ESPN is part of your TV package?

0 Kudos
JYac626
Channel Surfer

Yes definitely have the ESPN packages confirmed because I can access them on other devices except for the Roku.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@JYac626  It’s not a Roku issue. Reach out to ESPN and your tv provider. Are you sure your logging into ESPN and not ESPN+? Your Roku 3 is also very old and may no longer be supported. Did you verify it is?

0 Kudos
JYac626
Channel Surfer

So logging into ESPN/ESPN plus is the same thing for me since the accounts are linked.

That was my recent thought is that it is no longer a supported device (since everything was working fine until recently), but I’m not sure how to confirm that.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@JYac626  ESPN and ESPN+ are entirely different and requires different logins and subscriptions. Unless you pay for ESPN+ as part of your DirecTV package.  There are two different logins. The ESPN login is through a TV provider. ESPN+ is an entirely separate subscription from your TV provider. Like I use YouTube TV. So I log into ESPN with my YouTube TV credentials. Then I have the Disney bundle which includes ESPN+, Hulu and Disney+. So I log into ESPN+ with my Disney+ credentials. This isn’t a Roku issue cause Roku doesn’t make the ESPN channel 

0 Kudos
JYac626
Channel Surfer

You are correct I misspoke. 

Either way I’m signed in to all services and was previously able to access all content through my Roku, but my guess is that they decided to stop supporting it. 

Thanks for your input. 

0 Kudos