Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dragon_reborn
Reel Rookie

Epix on the Roku Channel Missing Season 2 Episode 2 of War of the Worlds

Jump to solution

I am watching the Epix show War of the Worlds through the "Epix on The Roku Channel" app and discovered that Season 2 Episode 2 is missing.  All other episodes of the three seasons of this show are listed except for Season 2 Episode 2.  If you go to the Epix website and check, Season 2 Episode 2 is available to stream; however, since my login credentials are for the Roku app and not Epix directly, I am unable to watch the episode. As there does not appear to be a way to reach out to Roku support directly to report this issue, I am hoping a Roku representative will see this and look into the issue.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dragon_reborn
Reel Rookie

Re: Epix on the Roku Channel Missing Season 2 Episode 2 of War of the Worlds

Jump to solution

I can confirm that the issue is resolved; however, when I received a notification from Roku support that it was resolved, I was still unable to see the episode and had to do the following before it was accessible. I am including it here in case anyone else is still having issues. (Yes, this is a step I tried prior to Roku resolving the issue, so please, no one say this was the only step that was needed to fix the issue...)

Steps:

Home -> Settings -> System -> System/Software Update -> Check Now.

Home -> Settings -> System -> System Restart/Power -> System Restart.

Please highlight the Roku channel using the on-screen cursor and push the * button on the remote and update the channel.

(I didn't need to do this step but am leaving it just in case.) Please highlight the channel, push the * button and then choose to remove the app, and then re-add the app.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Flagging this to bring it to the attention of Roku employees @RokuDanny-R, @RokuKariza-D, & @RokuMary-F

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
AJ_42
Channel Surfer

Roku Channel w Black Friday Epix-Missing episode

Jump to solution

War of the worlds season 2 episode 2 is MISSING on "Epix on the Roku Channel"   I’ve read the other posts and realize I should have spent my money on EPIX NOW and not the easy to click and add Black Friday deal that only gets we the POORLY MANAGED "Epix on the Roku Channel" content.

Can someone in charge of "Epix on the Roku Channel" please fix this.

0 Kudos
danieljhurst
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, I have the same issue... hopefully Roku can fix this (unlike the missing audio for Episode 1 of Season 6 the Good Fight which still isn't fixed)...

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@dragon_reborn

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sallys72

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem. I can’t figure out how to access EPIX any other way and this episode isn’t there.

0 Kudos
Lapagda

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue with season 2 episode 2 of War of the Worlds on Epix through Roku. Very disappointed

0 Kudos
ErinS

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R

I am having the same problem and really want to continue watching the series. The episode 3 recap from episode 2 showed a lot goes down in the missing episode. Please resolve quickly. Thank you.

0 Kudos
AJ_42
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It’s been a week since this was first reported, and 5 days since it was acknowledged by a Roku employee. Any update?

0 Kudos
dragon_reborn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I wanted to provide an update for those who may be interested. I have heard nothing from Roku itself since I started this topic other than @RokuDanny-R (forum moderator) indicating he notified the appropriate Roku team to investigate. Last Wednesday I did manage to figure out how to contact someone in Roku support who eventually let me know that they had sent the issue over to Roku's back-end development team. While I hope this issue is resolved soon, the hurdles Roku makes you go through to report an issue makes me doubt that will be the case.

0 Kudos