Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Empty list of channel icons in STREAMING CHANNELS in Guest mode

@Kroyster

Thanks for the follow up and providing a video of the issue you are experiencing.

I have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kroyster
Channel Surfer

@RokuDanny-R... quick update to let you know that this seems to have **partially** resolved itself.  When logging in as a guest for the first time, I still see a large set of default guest apps/icons (the original normal behavior), but then they disappear from the Home screen after a few seconds, and the screen refreshes to include only 4 default apps.  However, I am now able to install my own guest apps and have them display on the Home screen. [Or perhaps this was the behavior all along and I somehow missed it?]

My main concern originally was that guests would not be able to install and see their own apps. That no longer seems to be a problem.  And frankly, I'm OK with most of the initial set of default guest apps deleting themselves, as it saves my guests time customizing their own set of apps and not having to delete/sort stuff they don't want.

0 Kudos
PuzzledCyrus
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R , I now have a mix of behaviors on mine. On one Roku device, the behavior is similar to your description, but when the screen clears only one app (Sling) icon remains! On other Roku devices the seven app icons on the Home Screen do not clear. Functionality on the sidebar menu presentation has changed also, which is an improvement. I just don’t understand the icons clearing but have come to accept the quirkiness!

0 Kudos
GrillMouster
Reel Rookie

I'm having this exact same problem on 4/5/23 a Roku Streaming Stick+. It's exactly how your describe, where upon entering guest mode a bunch of default apps appear on the home screen for a second, then all but 6 of them disappear as though they're not installed. When I search for channels and install them, several don't appear on the home screen, but when I search them in the channel store, I'm able to launch them from there. It's Iike they're hidden.

0 Kudos
Kroyster
Channel Surfer

This problem seems to be account-specific.  I have one Roku account where this happens, and another where it doesn't.  All on the exact same device. 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @GrillMouster @Kroyster

Thanks for your post. 

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more detailed information. Can you please provide us with:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem.

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Kroyster
Channel Surfer

I don't have easy access to that info because the devices are in a vacation rental (where I am not).

However, I can tell you that it has absolutely nothing to do with device type, version, firmware, etc because I've tested it on at least 4 different devices and they all behave the same. So providing that info is a waste of everyone's time.

As I noted previously, what it does have everything to do with is the roku account that the device is associated with.  When I log any one of those 4 devices into "account A", the problem is 100% reproducible.  But if I remove the device from account A and log into "account B", the problem goes away.

If you want info on those 2 accounts I'm testing with so you investigate what is different about them, let me know. I think that would be a more fruitful effort.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@Kroyster 

We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing some difficulties with your devices. In order for us to investigate the issue further, we kindly ask for your assistance in providing us with some additional details.

We appreciate your efforts in testing the issue on multiple devices, but we would still need the device details as it would help us determine the root cause of the issue and that would definitely be helpful in our investigation.

Keep us posted. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos