Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Re: ESPN Plus 'Media Not Allowed'

Jump to solution

If I was getting the same error as you, I would contact ESPN technical support. 

ESPN Fan Support

0 Kudos
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

As I said I have already contacted ESPN support. It works on all of my devices except to Roku

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Well good luck with ESPN support. 

0 Kudos
Rickship

Jump to solution

Hey paid up espn  CAN'T  WATCH MEDIO  NOT ALOWAED,,,WHAT!@@

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Rickship

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

In some cases, removing the affected channel and then reinstalling it helps. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

If the issue persists from one channel/content after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

You can reach them here ESPN+ Support 

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Rickship If you purchased ESPN+ this subscription does not cover ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, or ESPN News.  Those channels require a TV provider.  

0 Kudos