Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IRickRolledU
Reel Rookie

ESPN+ Games not allowing fast forward.

So today I am trying to watch college football on my Roku through ESPN app.  I have an ESPN+ sub through a bundle. I am not able to start any game on any of the 3 of my roku tvs. When I start the game it loads but the game is in progress and it only gives me the option to start at the beginning. I would like to start live as I want to watch what is left. I have deleted channel, relogged in to ESPN, and even tried 2 other TVs.  I can watch it in progress on my iPhone and FireTV with no issues, but the channel in Roku it will not allow me to fast forward through to the actual point in the game currently in progress.  I have called ESPN+ and there is no issue there.  Seems to be a ROKU issue.  Thoughts?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ESPN+ Games not allowing fast forward.

@IRickRolledU-

ESPN creates and maintains the Roku-compatible verson of their app that they supply to Roku.  Roku just provides the platform on which it runs.  Roku passes key presses from the remote on, but what the app does with them is up to the app.

Possibly your ESPN channel app has received a faulty update or has otherwise become corrupted.  If so a reinstallation can get you a full copy of the current version.

Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key on Roku remote and choose "Remove channel "option.

3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
    Restart the Roku to clear its memory. Depending on your Roku model and Roku version number you'll find "System restart" under Roku menu path Settings > System > Power or under Settings > System'. Without the restart to clear the memory you may not get a clean reinstall.
  4. Reinstall the channel. Note it will be added to the END of the channel grid.
  5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.

When completed you should at least have a clean copy of the app's current release in place.

If the problem persists at this point, it often means the current version of the channel app has a problem that must be addressed by the channel service itself, as they are the ones that create the Roku-compatible version of their app and provide it to Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
IRickRolledU
Reel Rookie

Sorry not the answer.  Not trying to be rude but this feels like a cut and paste trying to earn cred.  This is all basic knowledge that I already tried.  As for the remote and how it works versus the app.  It worked 1 week ago and I don't see a single upgrade in the version history. I haven't worked in IT and TV for 26 years for nothing.  This is def a roku/espn app issue, just don't know where. It works fine so far on every other type of streaming device I have.  iPhone, Apple TV, FireTV, iPad, computer from website.  just throwing out an issue on the boards to see if anyone else is having the issue.  I have 6 different roku TVs 3 different brands and none of them work right. No live...join in progress. The game just starts at beginning with no way to move forward.

Again I feel like this is a TLDR here is what I think....I even said in my post "I have deleted channel, relogged in to ESPN, and even tried 2 other TVs."

IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP: READ THE ORIGINAL POST.  🙂

I didn't mention that I restarted TV but I did restart. Last thing I tried is posting here after I called ESPN tech support as I couldn't get Roku on phone.

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

I have 3 Roku TVs 2 Westinghouse and one Sharp. ESPN+ is working correctly on all three of my TVs.