Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GregTX

Downloaded AMC Plus, can't do anything with it

I just downloaded AMC Plus on my Roku soundbar. Roku offered to sign me into it via my Roku email. I accepted that, had my password autofilled, and continued. Then it stopped and told me I wasn't "authorized." So I chose the "use new email" option, thinking I could set up a new login. It asked me for a password for the new email instead of letting me set one up.

Then I tried to setup AMC Plus at Roku.com, but it wouldn't let me do anything because the channel is already installed. So I went to AMC Plus and tried to set up a new account, or do a password reset. It doesn't do either one.

Is it possible to watch AMC Plus on Roku? As the channel store implies? If so, what's the secret?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Downloaded AMC Plus, can't do anything with it

I don't subscribe to AMC Plus, so take all this with a grain of salt.  As I believe you've noticed, there's two ways to watch on Roku - through The Roku Channel or using the AMC Plus channel/app.  If you create your account on the AMC Plus website, you'll want to use the stand-alone AMC Plus channel/app.

I went to https://www.amcplus.com/create and got the offer to create a free account, but I didn't go through with it.  I assume Step 2 would have been how to subscribe or get a free trial.  To clear out any information from your failed attempt to use the AMC Plus channel/app remove the channel (highlight it on the Home Screen and press * on your remote; choose Remove channel), restart your Roku from Settings->System->System restart (don't skip this step), add the channel again and retry after you've created your account on the AMC Plus website.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
perkjemari
Reel Rookie

I downloaded it and was watching it as I subscribed for 1 year subscription. Today it stopped working and now is saying forbidden so I can't get into it. Now I have a 1 year subscription to something I can't watch on my tv. **bleep**!  Any help into getting it to work again.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hey @perkjemari

Thanks for the post.

Does the issue only occur on AMC+ or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel and then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos