Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmills-sf

Don't see Xfinity Beta App

Jump to solution

Just bought a Roku Express 3930.  I was told by Xfinity that I could download an Xfinity Beta app and link it to my cable account.  I am not seeing the Xfinity app (and a lot of other channels/apps that I would expect to like CNN, NBC, ESPN, etc.).  I've looking in Streaming Channels --> Search --> Xfin..., ESPN, NBC...

Am I looking in the wrong place or missing something.  The roku is on my network and I was able to link it to my Neflix account, so know that it's working.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Don't see Xfinity Beta App

Jump to solution

@cmills-sf

Thanks for the posts.

It sounds like you may have created a Roku account that isn't located in your current region. If channels in your region are not available, it may indicate that your device is linked to an account that was created in a different region where that channel may not be offered by the channel provider. You'll want to make sure that you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account. You can check your IP address' reported location by visiting www.whatismyip.com - If you see an issue, you'll need to contact your ISP to help resolve any issue.

We would recommend creating a new Roku account in your region. For more information about how to create a new account, visit our Support page here: How do I create a Roku® account? Once your new account is set up, try to perform a factory reset on your device and link it to your new account. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@cmills-sf 

Comcast explicitly says the 3930 is supported. And I see the app in the Channel Store.

Are you using a VPN? Any service that changes DNS settings, such as PiHole or other ad blockers?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
cmills-sf

Jump to solution
Not that I know of.  I have the standard Xfinity modem/router and I also have a Eero mesh network connected to it. 

I've tried connecting the roku to the Eero network AND directly to the Xfinity router/modem.  Don't see the xfinity app listed either way.  I'm also NOT seeing other channels, apps that I would expect like ESPN or NBC.  I do see Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, ….

I have been able to connect it to my Netflix account so know that the Roku is working to stream content from the network.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@cmills-sf 

Did you go to the link I provided? That's to the Web-based Channel Store, and when you are logged in, you should be able to use that to add it. That's not so much a work-around as it is a troubleshooting. How it responds may be important.

Go go   and log in. Search for Xfinity and see what you find. You should be able to add it from there. That may cause the issues to resolve, but they are odd issues. You see Disney+ but not ESPN, which is also a Disney app. I'd expect you to see both or neither, not just one of them.

But see how searching from the Website works.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@cmills-sf

Thanks for the posts.

It sounds like you may have created a Roku account that isn't located in your current region. If channels in your region are not available, it may indicate that your device is linked to an account that was created in a different region where that channel may not be offered by the channel provider. You'll want to make sure that you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account. You can check your IP address' reported location by visiting www.whatismyip.com - If you see an issue, you'll need to contact your ISP to help resolve any issue.

We would recommend creating a new Roku account in your region. For more information about how to create a new account, visit our Support page here: How do I create a Roku® account? Once your new account is set up, try to perform a factory reset on your device and link it to your new account. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos