Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Josh1
Streaming Star

Re: The spotify app doesn't play videos

Jump to solution

Not true video playback does indeed exist but only for podcasts that support it Joe Rogan being one of them the problem is that video supported podcasts crash or freeze after ten or so minutes and Spotify refuses to do anything about it.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@cdombrosky @Josh1

Thanks for the posts.

Have you tried removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more, specifically in that order.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Josh1
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply.

Me and many others have tried that plenty of times. I just tried it again with no success. The problem is on spotify's end I posed the problem awhile back on their help forums and no one ever replied.

With everything going on I don't think Spotifys exactly interested in making joe rogan watchable on any platform.

loufuddrucker3
Streaming Star

Re: Does the Roku Spotify app support video streaming on my Roku device?

Jump to solution

Just go to Spotify on roku, select it, press * to get to menu to update it, and update. Fixed my problem.

0 Kudos