Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Josh1
Streaming Star

Re: The spotify app doesn't play videos

Jump to solution

Same.

Went through the hassle of making a Spotify account for a platform that I'll never use except for JRE and add another set of email/password I have to write down. If roku doesn't intend to roll out vid support for spotify I'll cancel it and live without jre

Jump to solution

When will this be resolved? 

Williamt100
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Are you subscribed to a premium Spotify account?

Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
0 Kudos
marcquad
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes I am a premium Spotify user.

Do you have a solution? Or were you hoping I'd say NO so you could say, "Oh, that's the problem."

FYI: it is not the problem, or it wouldn't be a problem.

James2912
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yeah, I am super pissed at Rogan at this point. All of those episodes are still censored on Spotify even though he said they would be up by now. On top of that no JRE video? I am real close to not being a fan and his popularity and podcast will suffer because of this. This is what happens when you get greedy and stop caring about the fans. 

marcquad
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I mean, let's figure out if it's ROKU or SPOTIFY's fault.

My money is on ROKU or SPOTIFY, not rogan.

His job is to talk to people and book appointments.... 

James2912
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

He is running a business and he either is not making sure that Spotify is keeping their side of the bargain (incompetence) or he just doesn't care. 

smooths
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

i dont think its rogans fault. its like that for all podcasts with video on roku spotify. 

James2912
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yeah exactly thats the kind of detail he should have worked out in his deal. Tons of fans watch his show on tv and now we can't add that to all the episodes he promised would be back up by now but are still censored and I am not too happy with Mr. Rogan myself. 

0 Kudos
dcm19841
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

this app isnt built to play vdeos for some reason, no that JRE is on Spotify, this NEEDS TO CHANGE