Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NJFamily

Does removing a channel from one Roku unit remove it from all units on my account?

If I remove a channel (tile) from one Roku unit on my account, does it remove it from all units? I don't want the channels my kids watch on my unit and I'm sure they don't really want mine either. 😁

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Does removing a channel from one Roku unit remove it from all units on my account?

Yes it should.  If you want to have two independent lineups, you'll need two roku accounts.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Does removing a channel from one Roku unit remove it from all units on my account?

If you set up a separate Roku account for the kids and link their tv(s) to it, note that any additional paid subscriptions that you may have purchased through Roku on your original Roku account are tied to that original Roku account and will not be available on the kids' new Roku account..  Likewise any subscription through Roku on the kids' account won't be available on your original account

For channels you wish to have available on both Roku accounts, subscribe directly with the channel on its own website.  You can then install and use its channel app on all your Rokus by logging directly into the account you establish with the channel

You might also want to add a PIN to the kids' account and require its use in order to install a channel to that account and to make purchases.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos