Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
os_zo
Reel Rookie

Does Roku Express 4K 3940EU supports Amazon Prime Video?

Jump to solution

I cant add Amazon Prime Video to my Roku channels list, is it supported on 3940EU model?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Does Roku Express 4K 3940EU supports Amazon Prime Video?

Jump to solution

If you can't add a channel to your Roku, it's likely it's not officially available in your location. Since your model number ends in EU, that means it was sold in Europe. Roku is only officially supported in three locations in Europe: UK, France and Germany. The channel developers (not Roku themselves) control where their channel can be installed, and Roku cannot override those settings. So Amazon is in control of where their Prime Video channel can be installed.

Remember, just because Prime Video (or any other provider) is available in your specific country, that doesn't mean the provider has made the channel available there on Roku devices. If you call Amazon and they say Prime Video is available in your location, that doesn't mean Amazon has made it available on Roku. And the customer service people you talk to simply don't know that. All they have are scripts that tell them what to say, and they don't have a script to address this specific issue.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@os_zo I assume you are not in the United States.  Are you sure that Amazon Prime Video is available in your region?

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

If you can't add a channel to your Roku, it's likely it's not officially available in your location. Since your model number ends in EU, that means it was sold in Europe. Roku is only officially supported in three locations in Europe: UK, France and Germany. The channel developers (not Roku themselves) control where their channel can be installed, and Roku cannot override those settings. So Amazon is in control of where their Prime Video channel can be installed.

Remember, just because Prime Video (or any other provider) is available in your specific country, that doesn't mean the provider has made the channel available there on Roku devices. If you call Amazon and they say Prime Video is available in your location, that doesn't mean Amazon has made it available on Roku. And the customer service people you talk to simply don't know that. All they have are scripts that tell them what to say, and they don't have a script to address this specific issue.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
os_zo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
0 Kudos